Search results

1. bt3

dsf to pcm file conversion software

Anyone use, used or know of good/reputable dsf (dsd) to pcm file conversion software? There are several choices on internet that no way I'd install to hacker's delight. Thanks
  2. bt3

Smartphone as player to small powered speaker

My Pixel 8 as player to small powered speaker? Maybe a Genelec G One? Or..? Would it work? What cables does this require? I agree with posts that loss of 3.5mm headphone jack on smartphones may cause shortened life expectancy of these USB-C charging ports used for more that just charging. I keep...
  3. bt3

G One w/ DX3pro+

Need tiny footprint speakers and thinking Genelec G One's or 8010's. Want to avoid ground loop issues from get-go. Own a DX3pro+ and like to use with Genelec's. Use JRiver music player on a Win 11 notebook playing music files from portable USB drive. I will not be using these monitors for music...
  4. bt3

Bose QC25 PEQ?

Looking for Parametric EQ settings for the old Bose QC25. Thank you
  5. bt3

Software updates (in general)

Consumer electronics are littered with firmware/software problems. Products become obsolete rather quickly, manufacturer support may fall off to soon or go away altogether. Would really think not twice, but thrice about purchasing costly consumer products requiring firmware/software support...
  6. bt3

deleted

deleted
  7. bt3

Advice on system matching

Advice please for a budget system pairing. Speakers are JBL Stage A 130's. Thinking Topping PA3 and Topping pre/dac to match. I can't decipher component specs so as to ascertain what would be a good pairing. Appreciate your advice/suggestions.
  8. bt3

Aging and music/sound preferences

Have owned expensive audio systems as well as budget ones, and never mistook what was heard through any of them as realistic as natural sound world. With advancing age and less acute hearing, find more than ever preference for sound of non-amplified instruments. Have mild tinnitus since early...
  9. bt3

English tears [passing of Queen Elizabeth II]

We stand with our English friends, especially now. New Prime Minister and passing of the Queen. Love live England.
  10. bt3

Anyone remember..

Anyone remember the name of fellow who wore tropical print shirts and reviewed headphones? He was clean shaven for awhile, then wore a white beard as he got older. Remember Headroom gear on his rack, and pretty sure he reviewed the original Mr.Speakers Aeon. There was something online years back...
  11. bt3

Closed

Closed
  12. bt3

Gerontocracy constricts emergence of new paradigms

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/12/america-innovation-film-science-business/620858/
  13. bt3

Topping Balanced DAC for Adam T5V

Been using E30/L30 with HD-6xx.. but missing having active speaker sound also. Considering purchase of Adam T5V's and balanced Topping DAC. Why balanced? Because of posts on ASR about single-ended and how balanced may avoid potential ground issues. Your personal experience with T5V's and...
  14. bt3

EQ for headphones w/ JRiver PEQ

Does anyone have EQ settings for HD6xx and Audio Technical MSR7b headphone for JRiver’s PEQ?
  15. bt3

Recommendations please

Recommendations for pair of small powered speakers? Speakers used with Topping E30 connected to Macbook or Windows notebook with JRiver library on USB drive. Budget <$1500 give or take. My listening rooms are 12 x 16 and 12 x 18 (feet). Thinking Genelec 8020 or 8030 w/add-on kit (though getting...
  16. bt3

EQ plug-in for JRiver w/Windows 10

Recommendations for plug-in equalizer for JRiver (old version 21)? A good free one better on my budget. I'd like to start trying to apply and save the EQ profile Amir applied to Bose QC35II headphones. Another member posted EQ settings that would apply Amir's settings also: Preamp -2.5dB...
  17. bt3

Two of my reference recordings

Classical: Leopold Stokowski, The Plow that Broke the Plains/The River Popular: Harry Belafonte, Belafonte at Carnegie Hall
  18. bt3

n/a

n/a
  19. bt3

Closed headphone recommendations

Living out of necessity where traffic noise rather onerous. Need make do with this situation for another year or two. Enjoy my headphone setup of HD-650 and RME dac/headphone amplifier, but like to zero-in on a very good closed-back headphone (new or used) which is comfortable for long listening...
Top Bottom