Search results

1. C

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

For those who are interested, the Uni-Fi 2.0 is on sale for $434 @Amazon. I posted the link in another thread.
  2. C

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair), Black (UB52-BK) $453.9 @Amazon https://www.amazon.com/ELAC-Uni-Fi-Bookshelf-Speakers-UB52-BK/dp/B08FF7KBM5
  3. C

Is it worth to uprgrade from Topping L30 to SMSL SP200? Discussion

I would do it, for the increase in power output and the capability to use XLR input.
  4. C

Is it Worth Trading L50 for A90?

"rational reason (read: something to be gained)" to go from L50 to A90: pre-amp function, native XLR input/output (no adaptor needed), higher power output. For your usage, NO.
  5. C

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

One thing I found out consistent with the Hifiman headphones that I have owned (HE560v2, Sundara, Ananda, Arya, HE6se), I can always find the traits of improvement as you move up the price bracket in their lineup. Even after EQ. Whether or not these improvements are worth the price difference...
  6. C

or maybe a reversed version of that
  7. C

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

That power should be sufficient for your listening level. But you do not have to pay a grand (CXA81) to get that power.
  8. C

Anyone has experience of this and the Sundara?
  9. C

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Yes, DAC to amp is also XLR. But I think you are right that the signal into amp is limiting the maximum volume. This is it, thanks. It turns out that I had EQ (pre gain -5dB) turned on in my DAC (Qudelix 5k), so its output into those two amps is lower than 4.0 Vrms. Once I turned the EQ off...
  10. C

Yes, I am using the XLR output for both amp to my headphone. I used maximum volume on my Mac, DAC, and on both amps. Also, I noticed that the outputs from both Amps kept increasing as I increase the amp volume gradually to their maximum. If there is any bottleneck in the chain, I would expect...
  11. C

Hi There, I am a little confused by the power output of A90 and need some help. Recently I got a pair of Hifiman HE6se v2 and used SMSL SP200 to drive it. Hoping for a little more headroom after EQ, I am auditioning the A90. Strangely, I get the same loudness out of my HE6se v2 (by my ear and...
  12. C

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I do currently own the 530 in my living room (about 15ft x 12ft x 9ft), and I find it very versatile and like it a lot. My main complain is that it sometimes sounds boxy to me, even after room correction. Just curious if these Wharfedale could be a step up...
  13. C

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

How does this compare to the JBL Studio 530 measured here, currently on sale for $250/pair?
  14. C

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

Oh, yes. I was referring to the Adorama version HE6se v2.
  15. C

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

I have a similar impression between the HE6se and Arya. Arya expands the soundstage and sounds more polite. HE6se sounds more intense. Choice between them comes down to preferences (genre, track, mood, etc), instead of technicalities.
  16. C

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

Coincidentally, I am currently auditioning several popular Hifiman cans: Sundara, Ananda, Arya, and HE6se v2. With regards to an "Ananda/Arya hybrid", especially from soundstage and imaging perspective, I will recommend HE6se v2. I only compared these cans carefully after EQ (oratory1990). To...
  17. C

Planar magnetic alternative/upgrade from HD6XX

The price of new HE6se v2 fell to $599 on Adorama, https://www.adorama.com/hmhe6sev2.html?emailprice=t If comfort would not be an issue for you, nothing competes with HE6se v2 at this price. At the similar price, Ananda OB is lighter and easier to driver than HE6se v2, but that's about it.
Top Bottom