Search results

1. G

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

And what does SINAD have to do with room correction? Room correction treats extremely audible problems, SINAD for almost all extents and purposes, by now, measures the inaudible. It's a nice measure to have, it speaks about the quality of engineering but still... to each their own, I guess.
  2. G

If processing happens at 24 or 32 bit, with downsampling handled correctly, IMHO, pretty much nothing.
  3. G

Oh, wow. So this is happening? Gonna think about adding a second subwoofer.
  4. G

Opinion on 2nd hand Dynaudio center speaker

A couple of weeks ago I finally managed to acquire an A122C to substitute my A42C, which was fine for a 32" TV but looked and felt "narrow" under a 77". I measured it with Dirac Live on my Denon X3800, using a Umik-1 microphone. This is how it measured: This is how it measured in REW...
  5. G

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I know I am asking in a WiiM Pro discussion, but with WiiM Amp I'm not sure if volume limit works on the DSP chain or on the amp. I'll try asking the company directly.
  6. G

Thanks for this. It is my only volume control (it's a WiiM Amp). And unplugging involves moving lots of stuff, due to installation. I asked thinking it was something that had already been found out.
  7. G

When using parametric equalization, does anyone known if headroom must be added to filters or if WiiM handles that, in order to avoid clipping? REW tells me I need 5db of headroom at 226Hz but there is no preamp in the parametric eq on WiiM.
  8. G

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. As a big fan of multichannel/spatial music, this is good news. 2026 is still far and I'm not even sure if I would prefer an OLED display. VFD has a certain je ne sais quois...
  9. G

Just to clarify: this without the need for HEOS+? So with current line of products? Thanks for the update. ART support sounds awesome!
  10. G

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Hmmm... I think the main text of reviews should be updated when widespread problems emerge. Luckily I decided to check latest posts and found out about the failings. I would be interested in a similar class of product. Any good suggestions for something reliable?
  11. G

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

So, website should be https://adamscustomaudio.com/ but it's not operative at the moment. Price, looking upthread, started from €750. I don't know if it changed during production due to custom requests and so on... Very interesting and most definitely a great product from the looks of it. But...
  12. G

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

This is such a thing of beauty... I'm astonished. Does the company have a website? How much did you end up paying for this? You just gave me a bad, very bad case of buy-itis, just so you know... ;-)
  13. G

HTPC: capable, silent, reliable

I honestly can't understand what you are suggesting. Could you better describe the scenario, including connections, cables used, etc.?
  14. G

I understand completely. What I suggested, not having tested it, hopefully will enable you to keep the Windows settings so as to work correctly for browser based audio. The only way to know is testing.
  15. G

I see your problem... it's likely that Windows does something it shouldn't be doing, that is upmixing or remapping the channel somehow. You could try leaving it in stereo (the Windows control panel, I mean), then set both Audio output device and Passthrough output device to WASAPI and have the...
  16. G

That setting (Number of channels) is important for audio you need decoded by the PC. As is the case for AAC, FLAC (both stereo and multichannel) or MP3s, or Vorbis, etc. https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio#Number_of_channels Note that here "analogue connection" applies to formats...
  17. G

Ideally you should set that setting to the actual configuration of your speakers and the same you have set them in Windows Sound control panel. DTS-X and Atmos are not "selectable". If you want them you simply select TrueHD and DTS-HD in the passthrough options (and E-AC3 if you have Atmos...
  18. G

No. It doesn't work like that. Kodi offers two different settings for normal audio playback (decoding on the computer) and audio passthrough (decoding on the receiver). For the first one you can set WASAPI just the same and it will decode any format to LPCM, *except* those you select for audio...
  19. G

You can start from this guide: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576 I gather you are running your PC through an AVR via optical/coaxial cable, correct? Or is it via HDMI cable?
Top Bottom