Search results

1. T

Full range floorstanders ~$1500 budget

To avoid double buying, why not raise your budget to 8351b's, then get the w371a's when you are ready for the 30k system? When you have the dream system up, maybe you will not need a second system for another room. And if you decide you really need that smaller system then you already have a...
  2. T

center for genelec 8341a, is center that important for movies?

Update: I already ordered genelec 8341a as center. I contacted genelec and this is their reply from their R&D acoustician: "You will get best imaging with identical monitors, so 8341A for LCR. Because their phase response is identical. So 8341A is indeed recommended model for your use...
  3. T

Genelec 8341a vs Genelec 8351b as center for 8341a

The center will be at 11 feet behind an AT screen while the fronts are at 7 feet. Will a different in spinorama speaker affect the panning thus similar speakers like all 8341a's are preferred for LCR? Or are the positional differences greater in that they already change the sound of identical...
  4. T

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

What about the the In's? For home theater, are the LP-8 and IN-8 more preferable the LP-6 and IN-5 or is the IN series better than the LP series regardless of size? Is the IN-5 louder than the LP-8? Thanks!
  5. T

I am from the Philippines so prices are generally higher. The kefs would be great but I cannot buy a single speaker here and placement issues limit me to bookshelves as opposed to floor standers. I think I should not fixate too much on preference ratings and on eyeballing the measurements with...
  6. T

I'm confused. I thought genelec 8351b would be best but based on that tool aside from similar 8341a, 8331 and kali lp 6 are the closest in tonality? It can be vertical cause i will put it behind the screen.
  7. T

Many thanks for the tool. I always look at the measurements and the ranking at that site hence the 8030c and now the 8341a. But I did not know that you can find similar tonality! And did not think of the Kali cause I usually just look at those above 6 preference score except for the centers...
  8. T

:( seems 8351 is really the answer i am looking for but would not want to admit. What about the elac? Is it too far in performance? I see that it ranks high in a lot of price brackets in your own list.
  9. T

Instead of getting genelec 8341a for my center with genelec 8030c fronts, I kinda ended up with genelec 8341a's as fronts with now the 8030c's as surrounds. As much as I would like getting a genelec 8351b as center, cost is prohibitive. I currently have an infinity 3 way center. I get that...
  10. T

Upgrade center channel or upgrade left and right? Genelec 8341a vs 8351b?

Thanks! I guess I have to go 8341a or 8351b as center and just keep the 8030c's as front left and right. You are to blame though. :p I've been salivating about your system even before you posted your consolidated thread about it. The clean visuals and stands regardless of how it sounds is to die...
  11. T

Thanks! The center is at 11 feet while my front left and right are at 6.7 feet. since 8341a is "louder" than 8030c then I guess it would be enough and it is the most affordable option. no need to buy left and right. just worried about spl limitations in the 8341a review given that the center is...
  12. T

i measured the center. I guess it is not too bad or is it? blue center, orange left, green right.
  13. T

so i guess it is just a matter of funds available? best would be 8351b flanked by 2 8341a's then 3 8341a's then 8341a flanked by 2 8030c's. The last option is very doable regarding budget but am i sacrificing too much without going all ones? 8351b as center is also doable regarding budget but...
  14. T

I originally planned to get 8341a's as front left and right but am thinking that the center plays the most with regard to movies and series. Is it right to say that money is better spent on the center channel rather than upgrading my front 8030c's to 8341a's with regard to my use case. Are the...
  15. T

Deciding on Genelec model: 8030C vs 8331A

So if more output is not needed and extension is handled by multi sub the differences are rather small? I never hit the limiter on the 8030c. I would like to upgrade to the 8341a or the 8351b and want to find out if it is worth it as prices get crazy expensive for the ones and i have to buy...
  16. T

Recommendations for Cheap Speakers for Auro 3d (surround and elevation speakers)?

I looked at your links. They are great! GAS is real though.
  17. T

Recommendations for Cheap Speakers for Auro 3d (surround and elevation speakers)?

An oculus quest 2 with a lot of games! Decided to wait for a review here of dirac receivers like pioneer or onkyo before i pull the trigger. Though i havent decided on which speakers to get.
  18. T

They are probably too spl limited even if used as surrounds if i go by comments on their own thread.
Top Bottom