Search results

1. stan2bay

"Completing" vs. "Upgrading"?

Its a small room - 10.5 ft x 12ft. Unfortunately I am in India, and the JBL 550P is not available here as far as I can see online. I'll have to look for something similar. As much as I have read, the Monoprice Monolith 10" THX is something that fits my requirements, but even that is not...
  2. stan2bay

I am planning to get a subwoofer (or maybe a pair) that has a built in crossover. So the plan is: Macbook Pro / Apple Music Lossless -> Khadas Tone Board -> Active Subwoofer with built in crossover set at 80hz > Aiyima A07 -> Wharfedale 225 Speakers. I'm not sure about the time delay though...
  3. stan2bay

Well, I have had these speakers for a couple of years now and I listen to all kinds of music on them (thanks to curated Apple playlists). I personally do not like bright speakers and the Wharfedales are warm sounding speakers - but for some reason I find them "dull". I am also planning to get...
  4. stan2bay

Thank you for the suggestion. Frequency response of 27Hz – 150Hz (–3dB) would mean -3db at 27Hz right?
  5. stan2bay

Hello Everyone! I would like to understand what your thoughts are about "Completing" vs. "Upgrading" an audio system? My current system: Macbook Pro / Apple Music Lossless -> Khadas Tone Board -> Aiyima A07 -> Wharfedale 225 Speakers. To improve my system I have two options - Add a couple of...
  6. stan2bay

Vertical Passive Bi-amping with Integrated Amp?

Yes, after posting my question, I figured out that I can try it out for myself when I get the new D50 which has volume control. Any suggestions as to what to look for when purchasing a Sub. I guess it will be connected as: Laptop -> D50 DAC -> PA3 Amplifier -> Subwoofer with Line level input...
  7. stan2bay

Well, my amplifier does not have any audible distortion... I've turned the volume knob up to 3 o'clock - (it's louder than I will ever play) and did not distort. I guess then it's better to save up and look for a good sub woofer to match. Thank you for your reply.
  8. stan2bay

Hello Everyone! I am thinking of bi-amping my Bookshelf speakers. I did some reading about it and I have some questions and would appreciate your comments. My current setup: Laptop -> Topping D30 DAC -> Topping PA3 Class D Amplifier -> Wharfedale 225 Bookshelf speakers. I plan to replace the...
Top Bottom