Search results

1. P

Dynaudio core 59's with a single quad core sub.?

In the end I decided to do what the recording studios do, just go with AES. I was driving mine from my Mac Mini. So, I use cheap AES cables ( 110 Ohm ) and go from convertor to AES cable. Then one cable to the Left speaker, then from that to the right speaker then from that to the Sub, it's...
  2. P

Dynaudio core 59's with a single quad core sub.?

I'm running the Core Sub with a pair of Core 7's. They fill the bottom end in and then some. Pairing a sub with a pair of stereo speakers is always a good move and I've always done it. You will find the cross over is set to 80Hz, which means you can drive the 59's effortlessly whilst the grunt...
  3. P

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

I'm UK based running a dedicated 9.4.4 Trinnov / Ascendo system. I've ended up with Colins amps exclusively, after going through a few other manufacturers. I have one amp ( 6 channel 252's ) for my bed layer, a second hand 502 for LCR's and a second hand 4 channel 252 for height layer...
  4. P

Hypex Ncore NC252MP market overview

Whilst this is not what you are after. This guy I think ships in Europe and has an 8 way NC122 at £1,024. Two weeks ago he had one ( I think ) 8 channel NC252 at £1,200 inc VAT. Cracking price - https://kjfaudio.com/product/8-channel-ma-01-amplifier-125w-black-hifi-front-and-binding-posts/. He...
  5. P

Help with fomo - JBL 4645C Subwoofer

The Crown DSi handles that. I do also have a filter set in the Trinnov, you know, belt and braces and all ! Don't want any flapping !
  6. P

I'm running via a Trinnov processor and give it +6 to 7db boost.
  7. P

It tried the 1502 with the 4645C and found it didn't quite work or feel right. I was not doing any additional processing to the sound. However, when I tried the same sub on a Crown DSi 2000 bridged, it has a setting for this sub. Totally different. Don't know what it was doing, but totally...
  8. P

Hamrammr measurements?

Totally agree, was just posting what I was looking at when comparing the two manufacturers.
  9. P

Hamrammr measurements?

Product Title Height Width Depth Sens dB SPL Dispersion Degs Base Driver HF Freq Min Freq Max Ohms Kg Immersive 12 565 355 255 98 # 80 12 Comp 60 20000 8 18 Immersive 8 365 540 190 95 # 100 8 Comp 70 20000 8 12 Immersive 8_2 565 320 185 95 # 100 8 Comp 70 20000 8 12...
  10. P

Hamrammr measurements?

I've asked the manufacturer for a least some charts they have produced and for them to put them up on there web site. Im considering buying a set of 13 speakers from them. When you stack them up against Ascendo they look more sensitive, more powerful and heavier. However, I would suggest due to...
  11. P

Feedback pls>> Nord One MP NC252 Stereo Power Amp

I've got three nord amps. 3 x 500, 4 x 250 & 6 x 250. Purchased perhaps a year ago, all been on 24/7 ( usually in standby ) not a fault from them. Run cool with lots of power. Good purchase.
  12. P

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

I've got a JBL 4645c powered by a Crown DSi 2000 behind my main seat in my movie room.... Certainly moves the seat !! I do, of course have four more subs in the same room ( ¼ into the room in the 4 corners ).... Let just say, the roof tiles rattle when cranking it up. I'm uk based, 150 year old...
  13. P

Crown 4|300N Amplifier Review

I I have a dedicated room. I can hear any fan and most quiet noises in it.
  14. P

No fan has less noise than fan. In a dedicated room I can hear ANY fan.
  15. P

I’d put £100 on not hearing a difference between this amp and using a hypex amp from, say Nord. The numbers might be different but say on height and surround speakers you won’t hear a difference. I have Hypex & Crown in a Trinnov set up. No difference. However Hypex don’t have fans closer match...
  16. P

has any company ever made "hi-fi" plastic cased speakers?

Oops forgot to say, these speakers are all used in commercial movie theatres.
  17. P

How loud do you like your music?

1m from monitors and 1m from Sub. If I've had a few beers, I like to feel the slam of the music on my chest. If I'm working, I tilt the base up a tad but have it pretty quite. Dynaudio Core 7's & Sub, all connected via AES chain.
  18. P

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I just used this as a straight DAC. I could not hear any difference what so ever with the setting. Leave them as not used.
  19. P

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

I went from MP150's to JBL 3677's for home cinema - bloody massive speakers. Behind an AT screen was like night and day... Put's the MP150's to shame and I paid £900 for 3 x JBL 3677's. Think how much one MP150 is !! The compression driver makes such a difference.
  20. P

Until he gets to pocket money age, then he's gonna have to do chors / tasks for his pocket money... Otherwise he will have no respect for money.
Top Bottom