Search results

1. Theo

The best BS ever?

This oxymoron seems a BS reference to me... Do you want to propose a better one?
  2. Theo

Soundstage

In his latest post of his blog, Archimago raises the question of the stereo "soundstage" and mentions a solution proposed by John Atkinson (among others, I'm sure) to assess the quality of the system by mean of a "...controlled "standard" signal like the mono pink noise to check for the ability...
  3. Theo

Bit perfection

The concept behind "bit perfect" is that it is a guarantee that the digital data has not been corrupted. So a lot of software, equipment, cable:facepalm:... makers claim to be "bit perfect" so music will sound a lot better, veil lifted and all:oops:... However, a proper interpolation or...
  4. Theo

About the "sweet spot"

Several manufacturers used to advertise for a wide dispersion pattern of their loudspeaker, like the Devialet Phantom (1 speaker being enough?) or omnidirectional ones like Ohmspeakers or Bose in the last century... There is however a contradiction between a wide dispersion and a proper stereo...
  5. Theo

Devialet: a few questions

There is a measurement site which has done some work on the Devialet amps: Devialet 130 measurement I have been curious about the Devialet expert system (not speaking of the Phantom here) for a while. I heard them a few times in Hifi fairs but I believe that the dominant factor were then the...
  6. Theo

Are you Euphonophile?

The latest post by Archimago - On transparency, in response to "Measuring Emotional Connections to Music" - http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/07/musings-zen-and-art-of-high-fidelity.html addresses euphonic distortion as follows : ..."Fidelity" and "accuracy" of audio reproduction have meanings...
  7. Theo

Need for a general statement?

There is a significant number of posts in this forum which lead to the statement that if the products don't measure differently then they should sound the same. It's becoming kind of redundant... Is there a way to state this as a strong postulate which would avoid repeating this indefinitely...
  8. Theo

About manufacturer measurements

The absence of properly documented measurements from manufacturers was mentioned in the Yggy measurement thread. This is true for cable, most DACs and Amps. To me the main reason for this is that there is no competitive edge in showing those as they would all be the same or would be bad compared...
Top Bottom