Search results

1. Theo

Another Paul Mcgowan video

This guy has a talent for suggesting wrong thoughts by stating truisms! Maybe this is the definition of a salesman. :eek: Take the analogy with colorblindness. He is right to say that if you don't see the color blue, there's no way your brain will tell you it exists.... unless someone you trust...
  2. Theo

The best BS ever?

This oxymoron seems a BS reference to me... Do you want to propose a better one?
  3. Theo

Complaint thread about speaker measurements

You're right, IMHO it is difficult to obtain absolute measurements which everybody may agree on, especially those who don't really like measurements. :confused: However, sticking to a stable measurement protocol, even if not perfect, will allow us to compare relative figures and be able to draw...
  4. Theo

Technics at Purité Audio

Do you know many DJ's ready to pay 2x10k's for 2 turntables?:p
  5. Theo

250 hours and 5 day ‘settling in’!

I leave it on because I have to crawl to the back to reach the on-off switch... And, as it is a class D amp, not much energy drain. In the past, when I used to believe stuff you read in HIFI reviews, I did leave my class A amps on (2 MA50 mono blocks) because they were supposed to be warm (hot?)...
  6. Theo

Article: Does Vinyl Really Sound Better?

You can't beat the touch and feel of the sleeve:cool: It's a little bit like paper book .vs. tablet! Nothing to do with SQ...;)
  7. Theo

DIY Vinyl Declicker / Rumble Filter In The (Gasp!) Digital Domain

You may still record it when you play it. So you can listen in real time when recording, then, you're all set?
  8. Theo

DIY Vinyl Declicker / Rumble Filter In The (Gasp!) Digital Domain

Why do you want to listen in real time? Why don't you just digitize it, store it and listen to the file from the PC?
  9. Theo

Can you get everyone to like classical music?

Not a vinyl fan, then?
  10. Theo

So you're saying that it's not the music score itself, but the recording which is boring?
  11. Theo

Quoting the OP : "can you get everyone to like jazz music?"
  12. Theo

Does classical music sound "old fashioned"? I would think that some 70's music do age very well (F. Zappa for example). About hifi, I agree that classical music is best when played on a good system (apart from live...), but I find modern rock/pop music to be also very demanding (when well...
  13. Theo

Perfect Path Technologies

You should try these coasters instead... Definitely cheaper and same results...
  14. Theo

Quiz: what is this product?

The new Audioquest "ULTIMATE PREMIER DARK" USB regen device, so dark that you can't see it and does nothing at all?
  15. Theo

Which ASR member would you most want to meet in person, and why? (fun Christmas thread...hopefully...)

I'm so disappointed. I was looking forward to meet you... Maybe not, then!
  16. Theo

Article: Impact of Color on Perception of Loudness

Works also with the weather. Isn't music livelier when the sun is shining?
Top Bottom