Search results

1. Baff

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Heh, no doubt.
  2. Baff

The X8500HA is expected around December. That is the X8500H with HDMI board upgraded to 2.1. The 110th Anniversary model (110A?) is expected in September. They will likely put out the official announcement in 2-3 weeks. Internally, this will be very similar to the X8500HA, but with a few extra...
  3. Baff

"Some" believe that supply is a constant and that demand is driven solely by ASR reviews.
  4. Baff

Minor issue (typo or wrong graph): "The attenuation here is better than what we get in the higher end AVR-X6700H which is an interesting "reversal of fortunes:"" You then show a graph for the X4700.
  5. Baff

Denon AVR-X6700H Home Theater AVR Review

Planned obsolescence.
  6. Baff

One other minor typo toward the end "the AVR went into product immediately and shut down". I assume that should be "protect".
  7. Baff

"93dB peak performance vs 102dB on 3700" Is that supposed to say 3600? 4700?
  8. Baff

Movies with great music in them?

Amadeus Yesterday A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum Star Wars: Ep IV The Full Monty Highlander 3 This is Spinal Tap Meet Joe Black
  9. Baff

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

The effect appears to be extremely minor for 5.1 systems, so I wouldn't worry much about it either way.
  10. Baff

Amir will be testing for it in the X3700 and X6700 (and other D&M models), and mentioning it in his upcoming reviews. That is enough from Amir. If it is found to be universal across Denon models (or all D&M, or even other brands), news will quickly spread to other sites.
  11. Baff

It would still be downmixing the back channels. I think the real question here should be does this go on with any kind of mixing? What happens when you upmix 2 channel audio to 13 speakers?
  12. Baff

I think he means that he hasn't seen anything about pre-amp mode (like the Denons) on the comparable Marantz models.
  13. Baff

Adjustable for each input, yes. Adjusting the "source level" will affect only the current source.
  14. Baff

They do show improvements in IMD and Toslink(Jitter) over the 3600. Can you even find a 3600 for sale now? They had to shut down the plant for a while due to Covid19 which dried up the supply, and now they are making 3700s instead.
  15. Baff

Firmware updates always take a long time, sometimes many months. There is this about the recent HEOS issues:
  16. Baff

Denon has now posted their response to Amir's review, with test results: Excellence in Engineering
  17. Baff

To adjust the input source level, press the Setup button to enter the "Setup" menu. Select Inputs>Source level and adjust the volume level.
  18. Baff

That reminds me of an old comic strip, could have been The Far Side. A kid walks in and says "Hey dad, there is something wrong with your car. It starts to shimmy when it goes over 180."
  19. Baff

That assumes they are having the AVR do the downmix. Of course, if they have their BD player (or whatever) doing the downmix, there will very possibly be an even bigger penalty. That said, I would take the better audio track along with the minor penalty (which wouldn't be noticeable to hardly...
  20. Baff

If you must, but try not to slobber too much. :p
Top Bottom