Search results

1. J

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I'm feeding the Mackies via TRS, but haven't bothered with checking the input levels. Even then, any clicks would be heard when I listen to 50% or more (windows) volume levels
  2. J

The studio monitors that I have (Mackie MR624) do not come with volume controls
  3. J

I'm using the DL200 with my studio monitors and the HD6xx and not hearing any of this.. Both are sensitive enough to reveal any pops or clicks even at low volumes
  4. J

Tried with wiim pro and haven't heard any clicks. For others, is it heard between tracks or pause/unpause?
  5. J

I’m guessing ears first! @Boxermotor : Sustained sound levels beyond 90dB will surely cause hearing loss. As others have pointed out, be careful with that. Afterall, no equipment is good enough if our ears are bad to begin with ;)
  6. J

I have both and can say that both sound excellent. ES9068 is still a good chip. If you need a HP amp, get the DL200.
  7. J

As mentioned above, since unbalanced power in itself is 1.5W into 32 ohms, there's no real benefit to be had in using balanced connection with the DL200 as long as you have a decent cable that terminates in 3.5mm. If 1.5W is insufficient for your needs, you'd be looking elsewhere already...
  8. J

Apart from Qudelix, there seems to be no one who have nailed the implementation of PEQ. Also, PEQ usually requires using a simple software on the front-end to help the user make changes. But it has to integrate well with HW for it to be implemented right. Topping/SMSL might not have the...
  9. J

Your Zidoo neo 's seems to have ESS9068 chip based dac which is good (if implemented correctly). Why do you need another DAC?
  10. J

Folks, let us stop debating why some other dac sounds like something else. Instead, let us help fellow audio lovers with their doubts on the DL200.. Please take those debates/arguments on a separate and help keep this one clean for specific product related queries and discussions only.
  11. J

1. You should be able to loosen the nut a teeny bit and rotate it 2. It accepts 110V or 220V directly, the whole world is covered here. 3. Both seem to have the same power, I haven't seen any noise difference between the two either, so I can safely say that both perform the same. 4. Amazon for...
  12. J

You wouldn't need more than 200mW to listen to about 110dB of loudness! The DL200 should have power to spare for the 660s2 even after eq.
  13. J

Having 9 pages of (mostly) positive discussion for a product that hasn't yet been reviewed by Amir should give you the green light to go and buy it already :)
  14. J

Irrespective of how the equipment behaves, this is what matters at the end of the day! Enjoy :)
  15. J

Congrats! Now time to make use of it the most.. Better than SU-1 in what way?
  16. J

Bluetooth is more of a convenience 'feature' that can be put on the product page and for those short but immediate casual listening sessions. I have the wiim pro and can vouch for it's analog out to be completely usable. However, we're comparing apples to oranges as one is mainly a streamer...
  17. J

Your stack is great to continue
  18. J

That is because, in general, short length cable runs are usually not prone to interference as much as long runs, which I guess you're aware of already. Edit: So, RCAs are preferred for short lengths.
Top Bottom