Search results

1. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx

:( I hope you are wrong. I had plans to connect my ~2020 LG TV (OLED55C9) to an HTx. I currently have a SHD connected via toslink and the TV outputs PCM according to the audio settings menu. Works fine with inbuilt apps like Netflix/Disney/Plex. I would like the HTx to add a center and for the...
  2. H

The most iconic 80s movies

Aliens
  3. H

What SMPS to replace my linear power supply?

Less weight will surely be possible with a SMPS. Im however not sure you gain much efficiency. The toroidal transformer have around 10% (?) loss and then a bit of voltage drop over the bridge rectifier. Hard to beat that even with a good SMPS.
  4. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I dont have equipment to measure power consumption but i just tried measuring the SMPS1200a400 supply current in idle (nothing connected) and standby. The RMS current measured with a fluke 177 drops from ~95 mA to ~62 mA. Im on 230 VAC so the power factor must be quite bad at low power to meet...
  5. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

You cant really see it the picture but thats exactly what i did. It loops back under the y-part of the main cables.
  6. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Finally done with my build using Neurochrome input modules mounted in a Mini Dissipante 2U 300mm modushop case. Some light metalwork were required which took longer than expected :facepalm: The SMPS is bolted to the front 10 mm alu panel. Tapped holes in the front panel and drilling extra holes...
  7. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

All the parts except the case are sitting on my desk so no going back on this approach. I did consider the Eval1 and even Eval2. I want SpeakOn and XLR and I wanted them proper mounted on the back panel without any way of stressing the PCB. Yes, I could desolder the Eval1 plugs and run a wire...
  8. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I got all the main parts for my build; 2x1ET400A with Neurochrome input and a smps1200a400 and is now looking for a case to put it all in. Im leaning towards the Mini Dissipante 2U 300mm placing the smtp against the heatsink on one side. The 300mm internal length should just be enough for...
  9. H

Can an amateur DIY a Purifi monoblock or 3 channel?

They have two more options, one with xlr + SpeakOn and one with no connectors. See the datasheet p. 7. I asked and these are available. You just have to make a comment in the order and write them a email.
  10. H

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Been waiting for this but now Eval2 is online
Top Bottom