Search results

1. dogtagkz

Need Help Setting Up My Listening Area (room)

Apologise for the crappy pictures, but this is the current progress for now. Awaiting a bigger and thicker carpet also a proper console table for the amp/source. Next is to purchase a measuring mic, then focus on acoustic optimisation. Thank you @sweetchaos @ernestcarl !
  2. dogtagkz

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Newbie here, a balanced dac would require a balanced amp?
  3. dogtagkz

How good is your hearing?

16Khz, I'm 39
  4. dogtagkz

Thank you for the clarity, sir. I learned a lot in a single week. I'll keep this thread alive. Stay safe!
  5. dogtagkz

Managed to go thru your subs list. I did a quick research on most brands, and sadly, they are not available in my country. Not even Monoprice. Some high-end brands are available, but the price is exorbitant. Sigh. Buying from Amazon is too. DOuble sigh. I recently purchased the NAD C338...
  6. dogtagkz

Help choosing speakers for NAD C338

Thanks, man! Guess I'll pull the trigger on this one. This amp is currently on a deep discount.
  7. dogtagkz

Help choosing speakers for NAD C338

Hey man, did you manage to reach out to NAD with the above issues? Would it be possible to fix your issues with a firmware update? The thing with this kind of technology-based equipment is the product support in terms of firmware update. If there is no longer support, I would assume that the...
  8. dogtagkz

Thank you for the recommendation. I would want to explore this. Should my seating position remain the same? Eventually that space will be filled up with equipments for my kid's physiotherapy session.
  9. dogtagkz

Thank you for clearing the path, sir. great stuff. will digest this first. @sweetchaos
  10. dogtagkz

Hi all, I need some input on how I can best utilise my working space, where I also listen to music most of the time. The following is my current setup: Passive listening is mostly done when I am working, where active listening is when I will move to my sofa. Waiting for my speaker stand...
  11. dogtagkz

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

Thanks, man. I would assume a dedicate output for a sub like the Loxjie A30 would be a better option.
  12. dogtagkz

Recommendation for an inexpensive speakers amp

Hey man, how are you liking yours? I am planning to purchase this for my JBL A130.
  13. dogtagkz

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

stupid but serious question, coming from headphones and now exploring loudspeakers. with this kind of amplifier, how do I connect a sub. both passive and active?
  14. dogtagkz

Genelec 8050B Speaker Review (and how to read speaker measurements)

Long videos work for some that learn things thru visual and aural. I would rather watch/listen/pause/rewind this long video than read a wall of text. Thanks for the effort, amir. Great stuff.
  15. dogtagkz

Recommended speakers for Loxjie A30

Thank you, sir. That gives clarity. A bit more, an example of sufficient output power to handle the speaker load is?
  16. dogtagkz

Hey guys, I have bought the A130 and currently running it with Nobsound NS-04G PRO, using mibox 4s as the source, and E1DA 9038D as Dac. Room size is 220 square feet (22X10). The ceiling is relatively high though. Listening is nearfield, around 6 to 8 feet away from the speaker, and mostly I...
  17. dogtagkz

The A130 with plans to upgrade to a sub be good? Thanks.
  18. dogtagkz

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Based on recommendation and current Chinese New Year discounts, I purchased the JBL A130. With plans to add a subwoofer in the new future, will this amp be sufficient to drive both the speakers and the subwoofer (yet to decide but definitely a budget)? Thank you!
  19. dogtagkz

List of Budget Bookshelf Speakers

Thank you, sir. The selling price is US$350/pair in my country (on discount).
Top Bottom