Search results

1. S

Scarlett Solo loopback frequency response

I was doing some line level measurements yesterday, and noticed the loopback response of my Scarlett Solo has a bit of a dip around 6-7k (see attachment). I was wondering if this was typical of interfaces in this price class? I need to buy a new interface anyway, and was wondering if I should...
  2. S

Rega integrated amplifiers - good?

Quite contradictory to my last thread, I have also been looking at some compact A/B integrated amps. I am considering thr Rega Elex or Elicit. I have their DAC-R and their Aria MM/MC phono, and am quite happy with both. I read Amir’s review of the IO, which he tore to pieces. I’m hoping this is...
  3. S

I seek a Class A amp or amps capable of >=75 WPC, can this community recommend something?

I understand that I am making this more complicated than I need to by asking for Class A. My reasons are my own, and you may call me a fool if you want. if I wanted A/B or D, I would be spoiled for choice, and wouldn’t need to make this post. I’m happy to go for a pair of mono or bridged amps...
  4. S

Has anyone attempted to compile a set of basic recommended products based on the dataset of reviews Amir has created?

It seems like the question, say, "What DAC should I get for $200?" should be trivially easy, given the information we now have available. Has anyone tried to pick up the go-to products for each major category at common price points?
  5. S

How can I take (simpler) measurements like what Amir does?

Obviously, Amir has an incredible testing setup. I have no illusions of coming close to that level of accuracy. But, for my own enjoyment and experimentation, I would like to be able to take some general measurements of things like power draw, distortion, etc. I'll take any advice or...
  6. S

With modern class D, is there One Integrated Amp to Rule Them All?

Seeing the sort of performance that the Hypex NC400 designs and similar can produce, I’ve be wondering about the existence of a high-power do-it-all integrated amp. Basically, what I’m looking for is something that combines line inputs with a DAC and phono stage and outputs at least 100 WPC...
Top Bottom