Search results

1. win

Never Put Subwoofers In Corners... Even with DSP and Multi-Sub Setups?

You're clueless dude. Those Helmholtz resonators are built to order for suckers who think they'll do anything. You ignored my point about EQ. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
  2. win

Definitely not right. At best, filling your room with ugly bass traps might ever so slightly reduce the low frequency room distortions. Those are much more easily fixed with an additional subwoofer. To have any effect, traps must be large and heavy. If you want to spend $20,000, you could...
  3. win

That stuff (bass traps) doesn't do anything besides fill your listening room with ugly junk.
  4. win

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

Functionally that would work. But you really don't want to combine audio channels using a wye (Y), it will not give you the results you want. For example, summing two 50 hz signals that are 180* out of phase will give you silence. You can put a switch on the rca inputs to the subwoofer, but...
  5. win

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

All that money, and you pick out that sofa, chair, and area rug. Life is not fair.
  6. win

dbx DriveRack VENU360 Review (audio processor)

Good choice on the Studio, I love mine. I use the Dirac room correction on the SHD Studio (it's only L+R), and the equalization/room correction on the Venu360 does per-speaker adjustments (L+R+4 subs)
  7. win

dbx DriveRack VENU360 Review (audio processor)

We are at the point now where there is literally no difference in audible performance between a $100 DAC and a $10,000 DAC. Their errors are so much smaller than the human threshold of hearing that debating it is pretty silly at this point. That being said, errors are cumulative. If you have...
  8. win

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

He won't be able to build a highly resolving system without it.
  9. win

Might want to check that. I said it sounds good, I didn't say my first one wasn't DOA
  10. win

I have thousands of $ in tubes for my Freya +, but almost always find myself just using it in passive mode. Big +1 for the Freya S in passive mode (transitive property).
  11. win

DBX Driverack Venu 360 - initial impressions

Yes trivially easy. The Venu360 accepts up to 3 input channels, the PA2 accepts 2. Those channels can be routed to any combination of your 6 output channels (4 for pa2?) For your second question - I don't think it's ever bypassable. Even with an analog in and analog out, the system needs to...
  12. win

Computer Optimization of Room Acoustics

My question was worded confusingly. I meant in general - how would you recommend time aligning a subwoofer channel to a full frequency channel?
  13. win

How do you recommend doing it? I alluded to this same point w.r.t. the timing reference used when measuring subwoofer channels. That was doable, but when it came to integrating, I mostly just fiddled with the crossover between the MSO 'sub' and mains. I had to create a significant delay for my...
  14. win

I'd be happy to help. It's not complicated, but it is a lot of effort. There are just a lot of things that need to be accommodated in your project: Part 1: Configuration subwoofer channels each subwoofer's available EQ adjustments gain delay polarity inversion parametric EQ (which includes...
  15. win

One sub or two?

If you want a project, then multi-sub optimizer is a freeware program that gives great results.
  16. win

Rubber isolation feet worsened speaker performance?

Those are the stock feet included with SVS subwoofers. How many do you need? I have extras.
  17. win

Curious to know your ROON hardware

I have my core on my gaming PC. It has more horsepower than Roon could ever need. The problem is Windows likes to restart my computer. So I don't fault Roon for that one! I fault Roon for my iPad app crashing all the time though :)
Top Bottom