Search results

1. danweast

Drop + THX Panda Review (headphone)

Trust me, after four pairs of these, I wish they sounded better too...
  2. danweast

Not sure if it's an internal amp issue, I think they avoided DSP because of the market they were aiming for. I've tried some heavy PEQs on my pair and that THX amp can certainly handle it, at least audibly as well as my topping stack. Plus the battery life is already so good as is, I can't tell...
  3. danweast

Will from drop has said they did change the tuning on the original design to resolve complains about too dark of sound on the PM3, specifically the damping (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/drop-thx-panda-announcement.921062/). Point being though, their marketing claims that the DSP is disabled...
  4. danweast

This is them passive, so a 3.5mm cable plugged in. But passive is the instance where the channel balance issues occur. That's the big audiophile selling point of these, and it got screwed up.
  5. danweast

The headphone has the THX mobile amplifier in it, so it's not certified but has a THX chip
  6. danweast

Ouch, one of the few headphones that can hardly be saved by EQ. Thank you for the review Amir!
  7. danweast

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

An ESS ES9281PRO chip for the DAC and a THX AAA-78 amplifier. Unlike the "THX Certified" products like some of the new Razer headphones, this one has a chip that was designed by THX much like the Drop, Monoprice, etc branded amplifiers. As mentioned it can definitely be made cheaper without MQA...
  8. danweast

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

I uh, geez... I feel kind of bad for laughing at this guy. If you're looking through this thread man, I hope you look around a little longer and read through the science behind this stuff. It'll change your world, I promise. You at least bring up a discussion point that used pads might soften...
  9. danweast

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

I think this is a Sony issue, not an industry-wide issue. Sure, Bluetooth codecs are still far FAR from lossless with all the data they throw out and compress, but anecdotally I've listened to quite a few wireless headphones/TWS earbuds and each generation it's more and more impressive from the...
  10. danweast

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

How exciting this is huh? Company initially mocks the measurements of their product as amateurism, Then says they're looking for a third party to measure said product for them to back them up. Ends up asking a site they themselves sponsor to measure it. Results come out, fine print basically...
  11. danweast

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I hooked up an IE80 to the L30, which is more sensitive than the Starfields, and at low gain I'm at about 9 o'clock for medium-loud listening and I feel like I've got enough volume travel up and down. So you should be fine.
  12. danweast

Car Audio - Differential balanced to both stock amplifier and aftermarket subwoofer amp

Thanks guys. JL was already my amp of choice, I guess I should have specified that. Their budget JD line now supports diff. balanced. I pulled the plug and got the amp to test, because I wasn't sure if there would be an issue running it in parallel with the stock amp or not--the verdict is...
  13. danweast

Car Audio - Differential balanced to both stock amplifier and aftermarket subwoofer amp

Hi all, I can't for the life of me figure out if there is a good solution to this problem and I don't have the time to get reading on electrical books. I'm upgrading the bass in my vehicle, I don't have the budget to replace the entire system. In my research the factory amplifier is applying...
Top Bottom