Search results

1. naviivan

Stereonet Australia (Melbourne) Audio Show 2023

Paul? You mean Jon - the person behind OAD?
  2. naviivan

Crazy money yes but sooooooo good with all those tube amps. I think these audio shows is more about what they can do and less about what you can afford.
  3. naviivan

I went to the show on Saturday afternoon so it meant I didn’t get to see everything. OAD, audionote, Class A (accuphase/ ayon / audiovector) and hifi collective (new epos speakers + AVM amp) had a sound that i could forget about the equipment and listen all day. DEXQ just blew am away how...
  4. naviivan

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

On studying the photographs I can tell the circuit board has been bathed in the blood of a thousand virgins that imparts a purity to the sound. Im adding this to my Highly recommended for all audio equipment.
  5. naviivan

XSA Labs Vanguard Speaker Review

You guys are spending too much time at ikea. I don't mind the use of Bamboo. Lot more sustainable than wood. Could even double up as a cheese board.
  6. naviivan

A good used CD player ?

The Marantz they mention is the CD52 MKII SE I bought the Marantz CD52 for $50AUD to listen to my CDs again because I didn't want to pay for a streaming service. Enjoyable sound. Nothing harsh. I'm also a fan of the Arcam. Either would be a good budget CD player.
  7. naviivan

Which speakers gave you the *wow* factor?

20years ago: Eggleston Works - it was either the Isabel or Fontaine DCS multi box source playing Kelis 'Milkshake" most dynamic thing I have ever heard. Balance audio Tech (BAT) power amp. Last 2 years: Spender BC1 from the late 60's on a Sansui amp. slightly grainy highs bass wasn't tight...
  8. naviivan

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

I think this would depend on your int. amp. if your integrated amp had a passive volume pot then you could. If it has a pre amp section with gain then it might be tricky. If you had a amp with a passive volume pot in front then I would just use the volume pot instead of this unit.
  9. naviivan

Hasselblad X2D - 100 megapixel Mirrorless Camera

i look forward to trying out the x2D as a x-1D owner and user the issue i have with it is that it’s a bit slow for shooting people. still life is good. i upgraded from H4D -31 which i still find as a better studio camera than x1D. Hasselblad mirrorless (X series) isn’t really aimed at the pro...
  10. naviivan

Leema Acoustics Element DAC & Preamp Review

A visual inspection before plugging it in would show it's 230V. You would think visual inspection and a little shake to listen to any rattling would be a good idea before plugging it in when people are sending equipment to him?
  11. naviivan

What were the other DACs like 8 years ago?
  12. naviivan

Amirm, It concerns me that you didn't even bother checking it was 230V before plugging it in......... and it took you half an hour to figure it out.
  13. naviivan

3 Generations of Marantz flagship integrated amps measured

still pretty impressive looking. searching ebay and scumtree for a unit now.
  14. naviivan

3 Generations of Marantz flagship integrated amps measured

The PM-90 is a better unit because it looks better. who cares about sound when amps have with wooden sides. Hook it up to a turntable and it will be the coolest system.
  15. naviivan

New vs used HiFi, vote.

My DIY power amp is new parts - except for the old chassis. All other gear is 2nd hand. I especially love buying 2nd hand gear cheap from audiophiles who treat the gear like their most prized possession.
  16. naviivan

UWAYKEY: Can an $18 Amplifier Be Any Good?

Would it be better if you measure it at 1 watt instead of 5W?
  17. naviivan

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

sampling rate is always 44 or 48 I don't need to know it but volume level would be good to see as i use the dac for volume adjustment.
  18. naviivan

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

just got a used ex5, has there been a mention on how/if possible to change the display on the screen to volume level instead of sampling rate? as i can’t find it in the manual
  19. naviivan

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

could of at least gave a larger coil for that price!
Top Bottom