Search results

1. TheBatsEar

I need some help with my multichannel plans

Not too long ago i bought a new PC. I went with a RTX 4090 and a i7-14700k. That has lit my love for games again. But my sound was lacking, i just had a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-990. So i bought a pair of Genelec 8020D and a SVS SB-1000 and that is so much better. My DAC is a MiniDSP Flex at the...
  2. TheBatsEar

If you like fourier transformation you might get a kick out of this sinusoidal tetris game :-)

Just a link: https://www.andreinc.net/2024/02/06/the-sinusoidal-tetris Enjoy ;-)
  3. TheBatsEar

Wireless subwoofers ... by gutting an old wireless headphone?

What are the downsides to using old FM wireless headphones to connect a subwoofer to my system? I never had such headphones, so i really can't say anything about them. Clearly analog is to be preferred, as it has almost no latency. Wireless digital solutions have at least 17ms (the lowest i...
  4. TheBatsEar

Using two microphones to remove room modes from bass measurements

I found this article and wonder if anyone has experience with this technique of making quasi anechoic measurements in regular rooms down to 10Hz. https://audioxpress.com/article/measuring-loudspeaker-spl-response-and-harmonic-distortion-at-low-frequencies/ The microphone array costs 700€ and...
  5. TheBatsEar

VU1 - Dynamic Analogue Dials (aka VU Meter with e-Ink background)

Thought these are neat and i bought a starter pack in silver. I get a Hub that connects to a USB port and 3 more dials, so i have 4 dials in all, for 130€. Other combinations are possible. The software runs on Windows, Linux and everywhere else too. The background is a e-Ink display with 188dpi...
  6. TheBatsEar

Fosi V3 as headphone amp?

Whats stopping me from using the Fosi V3, which i have, as a headphone amp, which i don't have? How much power does it output at say 250 ohms? What kind of resister should i put in line, so i don't grill my hardware or ears?
  7. TheBatsEar

Cheap trick to make your music sound warmer

The dust makes the music sound warmer. :p Harsh high frequency harmonics get trapped in the dust particles.
  8. TheBatsEar

Sold: FS: Yamaha A-S1200 in Germany

Sold! I got this Yamaha A-S1200 with some other components i wanted dearly. As i have my own A-S1200 in silver, you can have this black one for 1380€, which i consider a very good price, even with shipping. I dust off the inside of everything that comes through my hands and make pictures...
  9. TheBatsEar

The Spotify plugin for this forum seems to be broken

Here is a link copied from the Spotify website: https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/track/0VFJl6KVpXe3GzOJXGxfl9?si=9a398f5bd6d54294 Here is a link for that same song out of the Spotify app: And how it looked like in the editor:
  10. TheBatsEar

SOLD: MiniDSP 2x4 HD in Germany

SOLD! For sale is a MiniDSP 2x4 HD in Germany. Comes in the original box with universal power adapter (with international adapters). I'll put the software on a USB stick. The device works well and is clean, i bought it in April 2020 at BluePlanet Acoustics. It was replaced with a MiniDSP Flex...
  11. TheBatsEar

What do you like in Roon?

In another thread i mentioned that i tested Roon recently, but wasn't impressed. I installed the server component on a NUC-like Debian server at home. I did install the receiving end on my RaspberryPi with Moode. That went fine, the installer scripts work well. I then installed the Android app...
  12. TheBatsEar

I imagine a good bunch of you folk are like this guy

I imagine a good bunch of you folk are like this guy:
  13. TheBatsEar

ASW SR 3-D passive surround decoder

Bought this for 50€, thought i should have it, if only to learn what it is. Looks like some kind of passive Hafler thingy. I'll risk a beaten Yamaha A-S300 on it. I hear it's a bad idea to try it on a A-S1200 ;-)
  14. TheBatsEar

Sold: FS: Mission LX-3 MKII in Germany

This was a price error at Amazon.de and i bought three pairs, one for a friend who is happy with his, one for me and one for sale. The one for sale has been sold to a Gentleman from Greece here...
  15. TheBatsEar

Sold! FS: Focal Chora 806 in Germany

I got these for a good price, bought them just a few weeks ago. I have played with them enough and need space for new stuff to play with, so I sell the pair for 310€ plus shipping. Payment is done with bank transfer or Paypal. Free delivery by yours truly in and around Duisburg/Germany.:D...
  16. TheBatsEar

Sold!!!: ATC SCM19 v2 in Germany, collect only

I'm selling my ATC SCM19 v2, bought them used three years ago. Sadly i can't ship them because i don't have the original boxes. So the speakers must be collected in Duisburg, Germany. I can come to meet you in the middle if you had a particularly long drive otherwise. They are in good shape...
  17. TheBatsEar

Looking for a low cost DSP board, one or two inputs channels, two or four output, preferably 5v

Looking for a low cost DSP board, one or two inputs channels, two or four output, preferably 5v, preferably cheaper than a MiniDSP 2x4.
  18. TheBatsEar

How not to ship stuff

So i got a Yamaha R-S700 delivered by DHL, looks like that, except silver. These are beefy boys, 10kg or so. I asked the seller to take off the knobs and pack it well. Even gave him a link to a website that explains box in box. This is what i got: The entirety of the cushion material, just...
  19. TheBatsEar

No longer wanted: Kef R3 in white

Got a pair, so thats it. :-) If you have a nice pair of Kef R3 and you want to part with it, i'll offer 800€ a pair plus shipping in Europe.WTB: Kef R3 in white
  20. TheBatsEar

Sold: FS: Yamaha A-S501 silver in Germany

I got a Yamaha A-S501 in silver as a by-catch when i bought some other stuff recently. It's not needed, maybe one of you wants it. It was bought January this year and comes with original box, so shipping is no problem. The amp comes with a remote, handbook and original receipt for warranty. It...
Top Bottom