Search results

1. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

With some caveats, yes. Keep the baffle the same width, and make sure the tweeter to woofer distance is the same. Also, note that the enclosure is angled. That is essential to time align the woofer and tweeter. If you do not also do this, you will need a changed crossover. The baffle shape will...
  2. voodooless

voyager seeks the creator

Fixing firmware is the relatively easy part once you know what's wrong (and fixable at all). What amazes me is that they can debug the issues over such a low-speed interface and that they designed the systems to actually make all of this possible in the first place. The fix, in this case, is...
  3. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

The biggest difference between the two is probably the maximum output, where from 50 Hz on, you get about 6 dB more maximum output with the bigger output.
  4. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

So how about a FAST system then? Something like SB65WBAC25-4 coupled with a capable 7" or 8" woofer, crossed at 300 to 400 Hz, would make for a nice combo. It's low distortion and has good directivity. The highs appear to be very dome-tweeter-like from what one can read online.
  5. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

Like I said, ultimately, they are both good quality. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. If budget is a concern, then the non-Satori SB drivers still offer about 95% of the performance for about half price. Well, people are happy with all kinds of stuff they build. Don't ignore...
  6. voodooless

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Speedy recovery @BDWoody. Thanks for sharing your story!
  7. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

He actually posted very valuable information by providing a link to one of the best speaker-building resources ever created... So there's that :rolleyes:
  8. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

Off-axis they are a bit less smooth than a normal dome. See: https://audioxpress.com/article/test-bench-sb-acoustics-satori-tw29rn-high-end-tweeter vs https://audioxpress.com/article/the-sb-acoustics-satori-tw29bn-beryllium-dome-tweeter Also note the lower distortion on the BN. Overall...
  9. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

That may work. I’m not a fan of the dimple domes though. If you real want wide frequency response, maybe stretch the budget for a beryllium dome?
  10. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

Welcome to ASR! All the information you’ve been given by other members about your project stem not from Instincts, but from knowledge gained by people that follow the sciences. Not trusting your senses is essential for building solid audio knowledge. I completely disagree! Next to that, you...
  11. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

I respectfully request an ABX ;)
  12. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

Yeah, no… just check how far down that signal is. There is no way you can sense that. Many people also report differences in DACs and cables.. it’s not science. And those studies are all but conclusive as well. All in all, better spend your efforts elsewhere.
  13. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

To what end? You can’t hear past 20 kHz, probably not even past 17 kHz.
  14. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

I don’t think that AMT would like that. Its resonance is 2200 Hz. Probably best to stay away from that. At least 2500 Hz. Also corroborated here: https://audioxpress.com/article/test-bench-the-at60nc-4-amt-tweeter-from-sb-acoustics-satori-line And as you can see from the response graphs, you...
  15. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

What AMT? Most need to be crossed quite high: > 3 kHz. That’s probably not ideal.
  16. voodooless

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Yet privately to @amirm, it was made very clear that the intention was a lot more than just a friendly cup of coffee. The public statements were just made to try to take control of the narrative and downplay the situation. In fact, the man appears to have a history of threatening people with...
  17. voodooless

2-Way speaker help

At 5 kHz, the woofer is already severely beaming. That is not a good idea. I would not go higher than 2 kHz. 4th order crossovers seem excessive., probably 2nd order will be fine if the woofer is behaving nicely. Get some gear to measure the setup. Making a crossover is rather pointless...
Top Bottom