Search results

1. DeLub

Sound Check (Apple's volume normalization) changed target level?

Apple Music used to normalize tracks at -16LUFS. And I remember reading that Atmos tracks are required by Dolby to be mixed at -18. And I assume Atmos tracks are not subjected to normalization in Apple Music. This explained why Atmos tracks were always a bit softer than the stereo tracks. But I...
  2. DeLub

Using a Raspberry Pi as equaliser in between an USB source (iPad) and USB DAC

I wrote this 'guide' in the hopes it will be useful for anyone. Introduction I would like to connect my dac and amp to my iPad to be able to listen to Apple Music on my HD600. However, I want to eq the sound and this is not possible on iOS. That's where the pi comes in: I want to put it in...
  3. DeLub

Hifi Apple Music tier coming?

According to Mac Rumors, there might be a new hifi Apple Music tier announced soon: https://www.macrumors.com/2021/05/01/apple-music-hifi-tier-new-airpods-coming-weeks/
  4. DeLub

Channel Imbalance vs Volume position

Hi, I'm looking for a headphone amplifier to get and have been browsing through the reviews. I'm just not sure how to interpret the channel imbalance graphs like below. I would assume that the RMS level would be a function of the position of the volume knob measured in the degrees of rotation...
Top Bottom