Search results

1. AverageJoeAudiophile

B&W 800D4 series

Those were and are much older models that actually did measure good.
  2. AverageJoeAudiophile

Polk T50 Review (Floor Standing Speaker)

The T15 only had a cap and a iron indicator.
  3. AverageJoeAudiophile

Polk S30 Center Speaker Review

I have a 704c to go with my 703's. It's been working great for me.
  4. AverageJoeAudiophile

Polk S30 Center Speaker Review

The S35 would be considered the little brother. Those are 3 inch "woofers" it uses.
  5. AverageJoeAudiophile

Polk Monitor 40 Series II Review (Speaker)

For budget/entry level the Signature Series do very well for their market space. The LSIM are Fantastic bargains and have good objectives performance but I would never pay "retail'.
  6. AverageJoeAudiophile

Infinity RS152 Review (Surround Speaker)

Yes you've unequivocally missed the point. We all understand such.
  7. AverageJoeAudiophile

You're literally missing the point. This speaker is not intended or designed to be listened to in anyway which would not include wall mounting. As such. Any measurements event in which the speaker is not wall mounted will not give an accurate assessment of the design goals and end user...
  8. AverageJoeAudiophile

They make omnidirectional speaker like this already.
  9. AverageJoeAudiophile

That's the most self-righteous and ignorant thing I've read here.
  10. AverageJoeAudiophile

Emotiva Airmotiv B1+ Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Literally no one said anything about an RCA out powering anything. AND no one would use this speaker paird with a subwoofer of which has a passive low pass crossover. Why are you making up ridiculously rare edge case scenarios?
  11. AverageJoeAudiophile

What do you mean by analog world? Why would an avr not work? Your AVR has an RCA out which has even low passed and potentially EQ'd. Your amp which will power your sub had an RCA in put.
  12. AverageJoeAudiophile

Cool. You have nothing of value to add and don't seem to know the existence of cheap and powerful crossovers. Thanks bud.
  13. AverageJoeAudiophile

1 - no shit 2 - What do you mean by adjustable? Any AVR with a subwoofer output will have an adjustable crossover point. You seem to be using the term adjustable in way that isn't common vernacular. Are you meaning frequency range AND slope? If so a mini DSP handles both for ~100$.
  14. AverageJoeAudiophile

I too have the same question. If so, why not just dampening the port with weight and move the resonance higher up and at a lower volume.
Top Bottom