Search results

1. E

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I think the case and the heat transfer solution are worth $50... plus, the connectors' quality is now better. People are so quick to judge with their eyes closed, from the comfort of their favourite recliner. They probably have never attempted to DIY such a case, not to mention to implement...
  2. E

I'd need to check the PCB to be able to answer these questions with 100% accuracy. There are also 3 relays... so Fosi may be using 2 of them as well, to implement gain control and to create the same balanced level signal drive to TI, irrespective of which input is used (RCA / XLR).
  3. E

The input OPAmp handles balanced <-> single-ended choice The other two OPAmps: - one is the pre-amp/buffer for TI IC - the second one caters for PFFB implementation
  4. E

You need a pre-amp to control volume. The only way you could connect OPPO analog out to Fosi directly, is by utilising OPPO's USB DAC feature... it will work no problem, but the volume would have to be controlled at the source... I used HQPLayerPro and JRiver when experimenting with my...
  5. E

Excessive hissing in some tracks but not others?

Always use the lowest possible gain in the amplification chain, if you can set/adjust the gain, that is... 20dB is usually all you need for loud listening levels.
  6. E

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Yeah... but then we won't know what's causing it... that'd be an easy way out.
  7. E

It could be the backlight switching driver circuit... for those VU meters... can the backlight be switched off??
  8. E

That will not help, the issue will still be there. That amp is a solid state amp and I could not find any information on its power supply. I hope that McIntosh would not do silly things... like use SMPS. If they did (use SMPS), get rid of the amplifier as fast as you can, and buy something else...
  9. E

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

One channel noisier than the other?? Why would that be...??
  10. E

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

It seems the voltage rails are now decoupled right before the power supply current hits the output transistors. However, this improvement arrived when they moved from V1.0 to V1.3 Also, the audio path seems shorter, at the amplifier output side... this is a definitive difference between V1.3...
  11. E

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fosi-audios-first-dual-mode-balanced-amplifier-za3.48552/page-16#post-1820534
  12. E

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

I would never dare buy an amplifier with uPC inside. Once the part is gone, you end up owing an expensive door-stopper. And I know a fair few cases where the owners had to say goodbye to their expensive amps because the manufacturers ran out of microprocessors/spares. Trying to bypass the...
  13. E

Himalayan salt lamps as a HiFi tweak

I suppose the difference in sound would come from an almost purely resistive load that the lamp introduces across the mains outlet, where the rest of the HiFi gear is powered from. Furthermore, the difference would be more obvious if the same mains outlet point is used to power up equipment...
  14. E

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

I had very high hopes for this one... expected an end-to-end balanced design with a minimal number of sound coupling caps along the signal path... but it seems I'll have to wait a bit longer. Below in yellow are what appear to be the sound coupling caps. Unfortunately, what was advertised as a...
  15. E

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

Can someone (@Fosi Audio maybe..??) confirm please..?? See below...
  16. E

SMSL D12 DAC & Headphone Amp Review

Green: either a differential to single-end buffer, or just a buffer after that discrete gain/filter stage (red) The PCB uses noisy buck converters... this is most likely why one channel is noisier than the other. I think that's be left channel.
  17. E

iFi ZEN CAN replacement for HD660S

You'd be better off just building a simple CLC unregulated power supply.... both those iFi units have internal regulation. The CLC will be effective above 100kHz; the internal regulation below, so you'll end up removing a very wide power supply spectrum noise.
  18. E

Maybe it's time to check the link I posted earlier...? https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/post-you-smps-noise-spectrum-measurements.394518/page-2 ... see posts #28 and #29.... they talk about MeanWell SMPS specifically. Post #45 shows the ground fills on MeanWell... The whole thread...
  19. E

There's only one contact resistance point in SMSL, the relay. Plus, it is positioned right where it should be; the signal does not have to travel via long PCB traces to reach switches. The iFi uses an additional contact resistance point, where the header is inserted into the sockets, which will...
Top Bottom