Search results

1. Archaea

AVS running audiophile power cord sanctioned advertisements again

I really dislike this kind of official post at AVSForum. Trading intellectual honesty for profit. I wager advertisement stuff like this hurts the site more than the click revenue they receive. It, and a post just like it last year just help relocate my hobby reading time and recommendation to...
  2. Archaea

AVR DAC hardware, subjective opinions, and placebo...?

My Onkyo 5508 has 132kHz/32 bit Burr-Brown DACs supposedly with their proprietary Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) My Denon x6700h has the AK4458 8-channel DAC. I would like to know how these DACs compare technically? @peng @bigguyca I fully know placebo can rule your mind in...
  3. Archaea

22 channel Soundstorm prepro to be installed what amps do you recommend?

I have a friend who is going hog wild installing a 22 channel home theater setup using 92dB sensitivity ML speakers all around. ML electrostatic panels for the bed speakers (700 watt peak rating/4ohm) and ML bookshelves for the surrounds. He is buying a SoundStorm processor and it will be a...
  4. Archaea

Inexpensive Headphone Amp Splitter for A/B/C/D quick headphone comparing

I searched, but didn't see anything on the topic. Have any of the inexpensive headphone amplifier splitter boxes been tested or come highly advised? I have a half dozen nice headphones I've collected over the years - anything from 30 ohm Philips SHP9500s, to 150 ohm HDX-6XX, to 300 ohm HD-600...
Top Bottom