Search results

1. Archaea

Behringer NX3000D Pro DSP Amplifier Review

The guts are pretty much identical, as has been shown in teardowns. The inuke and the NX are effectively the same amp just in a different chassis. The inuke is uglier than the NX, so what? It was half the price of the NX series. I paid $350 for my inuke dsp 6000s. The NX3000D is now $479...
  2. Archaea

You are getting frequencies below 20Hz on the inuke (even if slightly attenuated) and you are getting them stronger than most other pro audio amps. Both my links and your link show this. If you think otherwise you don’t understand what you are reading.
  3. Archaea

How to set a High Pass filter below 20Hz. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/how-to-extend-the-high-pass-filter-below-20hz-in-dcx2496.1461489/ bench tests showing the inuke has plenty of power down to 10Hz and below. https://data-bass.ipbhost.com/topic/476-lukes-basic-amplifier-tests/ Another...
  4. Archaea

The inuke dsp 3000 will output below 20Hz. Indeed it is tested to be one of the stronger amps below 20hz by the DIY testing group on AVS forum. Its DSP won’t let you directly address frequencies below 20Hz, but the inuke is still generating significant output voltage at those lower inaudible...
  5. Archaea

Crown 4|300N Amplifier Review

Agreed on the CBT 70j-1 tuning, it appears it’s just a HPF at 55Hz and a Voltage limiter. And also agreed on some of the premium commercial cinemas sound missing the mark. Yes, I humbly submit my HT sound is better than any commercial cinema I’ve personally visited. Picture is better too —...
  6. Archaea

When speakers are playing clean, reference is loud, but not painful. It’s exhilarating. I’ve had demo nights for friends and family soo many times. Recently had a movie night for a couple families from church with about 10 kids. Played a half hour of demo clips at full reference volume with...
  7. Archaea

There is no accommodation for level matching a bit lower for each individual speaker trim in regards to THX level matching a whole HT system. IE I don’t get to chose reference is 102dB per speaker instead of 105dB if two speakers are being SPL calibrated. ( The anticipated sum of 105dB from...
  8. Archaea

I have some qualms about the numbers you've presented. My front speakers drop off about 10dB measured from 11-12 foot distance to main listening position. Your numbers also don't account for EQ application. (Audyssey can boost up to 9dB for instance -- each autoeq system has their own limits -...
  9. Archaea

I've always wanted to see power requirement by frequency plots, but have never found one. Are you aware of a good read on this? IE if you cross your speakers over at 80Hz, vs. running them at 40Hz crossover or what not, power requirements logically drop, but I haven't seen any objective data...
  10. Archaea

If it loses power at 7 channels at 200 watts and changes tone, (~1400 watts) I’d like to see the test repeated with 15 channels. What happens when you double the load. As to real world content doing that, it certainly wouldn’t be common, but the intro to Gravity might be a contender. There...
  11. Archaea

These amps get quite hot in extended use. When my 8|300Ns are on for hours on end, they pour really hot air out the back, even with the stock fans. I would be very careful about fan modding to lower CFM fans. Even at idle, these units create a lot of heat and power draw. That was discussed in...
  12. Archaea

@amirm Is it your opinion that Crown X|N Drivecore amps will hold true to their full individual channel power ratings if supplied 240v power, and to all channels when all channels driven? I was just watching an Audioholics review, that the Marantz AMP10, starts changing frequency response at 7...
  13. Archaea

Denon Cinema EQ

Anyone have a frequency response measurement of what the Denon or Marantz do with the Cinema EQ filter as opposed to off?
  14. Archaea

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

I posted this on my CBT 70J-1 thread at AVSforum, and post it here too for those that might benefit. This is a fix to address the 70j-1 resonance that @amirm found in his review. Pro Audio often uses plastic cabinets. It's cheap, it's light, it can be molded into complex designs that would be...
  15. Archaea

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

Just so you know — the knobs on the front are gain input attenuation knobs, not volume knobs. They are designed to match gain structure. You can get full amp output on the lowest indent setting if you supply enough incoming voltage. That noted you probably won’t damage your subwoofers in your...
  16. Archaea

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

Is this test with no signal cables attached? Just power?
  17. Archaea

Unplug your source from them and listen to the noise with nothing connected. That’s what it should be. (Lower your gain input attenuator knobs on the back of the speaker if you are hearing hiss) If you get more hiss than that with your source connected to the speaker inputs, then it’s in your...
  18. Archaea

The hiss might be worse depending on your cables or what source you have it plugged into — even other things plugged into your computer or source that may be creating noise. Is the hiss bad if all source connections are unplugged and the only thing connected is the power cable?
  19. Archaea

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

Here’s my experience with the a800 in a very controlled double blind test. We also had a hafler amp in the comparison by dumb luck. Post 8989 https://www.avsforum.com/threads/kansas-city-area-home-theater-meets-and-movie-night-events.1496367/page-450#post-60198218
  20. Archaea

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

70 SINAD is .03% distortion. How confident are you that you can hear that? Especially when your speakers are putting out full single digit percentages of distortion. 5% vs 5.03%? Gene at audioholics says humans can’t really hear above 70 SINAD. Placebo is the word.
Top Bottom