Search results

1. X

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

I just stopped going to headfi at this point. It saddens me, because there are a few people there that I don't mind, but the fact that every brand thread is a "church", and god forbid you say anything about the "priest" is just antagonizing. I don't usually waste my time talking and explaining...
  2. X

It is unclear. They said they measure but wouldn't release internal measurements nor did they release what they use to measure. Just an ambiguous "we are expert in measuring, we measured thousands of times". :shrug:
  3. X

As a potential future buyer (and past/current owner) of Abyss headphones, unprofessional responses like that really put me off of a company. I was debating buying Noble IEMs back in the day and similar behaviour from the company made me not do so. Similarly here. There were so many reasonable...
  4. X

I think Abyss actually added something very important in their last response. They added that they measure their headphones while designing and every pair in QC. I don't think that was clear before. In that case, I think they could have released the measurements of the specific pair or start a...
  5. X

I couldn't find it, then again, not really familiar with their, work. Never watched any of their videos. Only thing I know the pads are comfier :) Great analysis of Jude's measurements! (Too lazy to double quote on mobile)
  6. X

I think that's a bit uncalled for. Not everyone is a native English speaker. Even if they are, it's not part of the discussion, in my humble opinion
  7. X

Apparently, DMS works for them now as marketing I believe? So, to a degree, his measurements are kind of semi sort of official? Or we could just wait for a third party. I would be interested in seeing maybe oratory90 do it. I know they have quite the following on reddit and they do that for a...
  8. X

I'm not sure we have enough data to say that. I'll explain. A lot of people love vinyl (as an example), and would prefer it in a blind test (I would assume since it's hard to not hear the difference). This might be a distortion that many people would like or find nice. Tubes could be another...
  9. X

I think the idea is to 1. Show the distortion in low frequencies as explained a few posts ago https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/abyss-diana-v2-review-headphone.19291/page-14#post-635913 2. To emphasize what might be the EQability if the headphones. These are a good...
  10. X

Well, as a customer, I do care how they react. I own one of their products and did call on them to respond better. At the end of the day, for me, good manners, being civil and being able to take criticism are important. While I can't unbuy from them, I can decide to spend my money elsewhere in...
  11. X

You won't hear me complain. I can understand buying an expensive cable because you think it's pretty. Not because you think it'll change the sound
  12. X

On that we agree on. This isn't professional. As I mentioned, people are calling them out on headfi, and also saying that if they think the methodology is flawed, a better response would be to reach out and suggest improvements, not to "shoot the messenger"
  13. X

We are definitely moving forward! I think part if the Abyss pitch is that rotating the pads should help accommodating different head shapes and so on. That said, I definitely understand that a lot of time was spent trying to get a good fit on the rig. Maybe when the other set comes in you...
  14. X

There are actually quite a few people (myself included) asking Abyss to release internal measurements on headfi, where they replied too. See what happens. I always want more data, not less. What I like about ASR is that it's another data point. At the end of the day, we can all use whatever we...
  15. X

That totally makes sense. I guess my main point (and I know you weren't replying to me but I was making a similar point), is that some people do enjoy some noise or distortion. I personally don't understand how people can listen to vinyl, after hearing the "vinyl sound" I can't unhear it. But I...
  16. X

Buying new probably 25-30%. Or buy used, and then less, maybe nothing. Bought these new, but everything else before it used and sold for about the same usually. I think we should mention when talking about the ridiculousprice (and it is just that, ridiculous), that these are made is the US...
  17. X

Sure. And once purchased, there is confirmation bias. 100%. That said, I bought things and then thought they sucked. Many here have. And that's totally fine :) Personally, I heard them at an audio thing with a lot of gear. There was a headphone room, and I listened to a bunch of headphones...
  18. X

I mean, you can sell it... A lot of people buy and sell headphones often, trying out a lot of different things.
  19. X

V2 came out before Phi.
  20. X

Very interesting. I've owned These, and currently own the Diana Phi. I actually like the tuning of these (but liked the Phi better). That said, even though I've spent a lot of money on these I have no problem saying that this distortion is terrible and I would want every company to do much...
Top Bottom