Search results

1. Tortie

Audible difference in players? (Audirvana, JRiver, Roon, MusicBee, etc.)

This comment is a perfect example of spam. With its hyperbole it reads like a scripted testimonial. The account and the comment were made on the same day. This was the only comment from that account and the user was not active on this website since that day. Very good chance it's a sock puppet...
  2. Tortie

Yes, but they charge $119 for Origin, a local media player that lacks streaming capabilities. That's the program I trialed. Foobar 32bit has some streaming capabilities with the requisite plugins installed.
  3. Tortie

Turns out I was mistaken. Audirvana does not sound better than Foobar. It's also a pain to use. Audirvana seems unpolished as a piece of software and I say that as a Foobar user. I was just curious to test this program to see if my decade long cynical opinion on pay-for audio played was valid. I...
  4. Tortie

Alex, I appreciate your posts. This week I downloaded Audirvana Origin for a trial just to see what the fuss was about. The sound from Origin was noticeably better to my ears than through Foobar2k. Indeed Origin sounds "sweeter" and more pleasing. Didn't matter if the audio track was 16bit Flac...
  5. Tortie

That webpage has been deleted. Any mention of "bit-perfect" seems to be scrubbed from the audirvana.com website. Hmm
  6. Tortie

How DAC reconstruction filters would sound like if we were bats (listening examples)

Hi, In your opinion between the two Foobar built-in opotions for resampling, SSRC and RetroArch, which one would be best suited in terms of audio fidelity for simply downsampling a 24/96 audio file to 16/44 or 16/48?
  7. Tortie

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

That's good news. Rare to see price drops in this environment.
  8. Tortie

Topping NX7 announced

If you look at AliExpress, eBay and Amazon Marketplace it is evident that sales for the NX7 are soft as Charmin. The product is not selling. On AlliExpress NX7 listings show the number of units sold and their extremely low compared to other Topping products. eBay has similar metrics that paint a...
  9. Tortie

Topping NX7 announced

Topping has non-existent customer support. I emailed them too with a question on the NX7. Never heard back from them. Poor customer support and a failure to respond to inquiries doesn't sit well with me. And who can forget the L30 debacle? With JDS, Schiit and Geshelli I've always received...
  10. Tortie

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

Price raised to $119 Because shipping is an additional charge at JDS Labs the typical final price for the Atom DAC will be $132+ Update: I purchased the Topping D10s for $100. For $32 less you get the same SINAD score and a nice display.
  11. Tortie

Geshelli JNOG Review (Balanced DAC)

I read that FAQ. But your aggressive defense of the company doesn't seem to jive with it.
  12. Tortie

Don't call forum members trolls. Isn't it true that you are financially compensated by Geshelli Labs to promote the company? You run a YouTube channel where you possibly do paid "interviews" for companies such as Geshelli Labs to boost their social media presence. If that's the case you would...
  13. Tortie

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

They probably were responding to market demand. I'm also happy to report good experiences with Blue Jeans Cable. Been using their analog interconnects exclusively since 2008. Still use the same cable for my DAC->Amp connection they made for me in 2010. More recently, I had an issue with a...
  14. Tortie

That 2020 interview was the only one I recall existing at the time. No one is expecting a "gabfest" but he came across as disengaged and disinterested. His wife had to fill the vacuum to keep the discussion flowing. Contrast this with the countless YouTube interviews with Jason Stoddard and the...
  15. Tortie

@Jimster480 It appears that Geshelli changed gears last year. They parted ways with ASR's objective science and evidence based principles and made a pivot towards the dark side. The company apparently seeded that alternate reality forum with free samples. That would explain this statement.
  16. Tortie

While perhaps I was little harsh in my delivery I think my points are valid. Even JDS Labs and Schiit's earliest super cheap products, excluding their altoids tin Cmoy portable, looked more polished than what Geshelli delivers to market in 2022. I think this company, small or not, has been left...
  17. Tortie

I'm going to say a few things about Geshelli Labs. None of them good. When this small outfit popped up on my radar a couple years ago I decided to read up on the company. I also watched at least one or two interviews with the Geshellis on Youtube. This is where the cringe factor began to...
  18. Tortie

Can a Quad DAC equipped smartphone output superior analog sound when plugged into an USB power source?

Indeed it would and I would normally doubt this could be the case but LG's design "feature" that steps down the output voltage for low impedance headphones and external devices gives me pause. Thanks for the blind test idea. I'll have to give that a try.
  19. Tortie

Can a Quad DAC equipped smartphone output superior analog sound when plugged into an USB power source?

It did seem like a case of placebo effect. But another explanation is that this particular person simply had a failing battery in his V20 that was impacting the functions of the phone.
Top Bottom