Search results

1. M

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

I agree it would be better as it could allow you to maintain having subs set on the AVR, and that then probably gives a little more tweaking and control with dedicated LFE levels on the AVR. But, I think in practical terms it's still just as good (and certainly likely to be easier) to set simply...
  2. M

Yep indeed, you'd be dependant on running the AVR calibration post M66's Dirac anyway as far as order of steps would go to get the best integration for movies. 50ms is 17meters, I know my Yamaha (A4A) allows up to 24m in speaker adjustments, so I can't see why an AVR would have any problem. If...
  3. M

Little bit of faffing as you'd need to have a power amp with dual inputs and a switch. Now I get usually many have RCA and XLR inputs and a switch between them, but it's often a physical switch and if anyone is in the house and is not in to this stuff, then it quickly becomes a not very...
  4. M

Yeah done a little bit of reading on WF and it's a much more prescriptive type of deployment so seems not quite the same target that DART is going after - probably won't come to the Nova would be my gut instinct either. Cheers
  5. M

What are your thoughts about the fact Dirac on the NAD is ’only’ 32bit? I’m genuinely not sure if this poses a problem or not, but wonder if it could have an impact on the dynamic range and SNR (same type of issues with many digital volume controls) at lower volumes? I’m noting that NAD’s...
  6. M

NAD M66 (vs NAD M33 and M10V2)

Which of course means finding and buying a 3rd party device to cover the fact Bluesound should just pull their fingers out their backsides and release the app on the main TV OS platforms. I did have a cursory look a while back for a cheap Android stick to do just this, but all the ones I could...
  7. M

It's not supported on AndroidTV or AppleTV - this has been a frequent request of the team but falls on deaf ears. I did sideload it on to my Sony AndroidTV, but alas it didn't work.
  8. M

USB out: So we have one for yes, one for no... :) my inclination on the evidence of manuals is also a no. I would think assuming it does just because the later Nodes did - would be a false economy. Ultimately I don't see it as an important point anyway regardless of yes or no, at least in my...
  9. M

BT, really, come on don’t be so pedantic. That’s not what someone is going to use to output to an external DAC in a million years. What is BluOS ‘I/F’ ? If you mean BluOS output to other BluOS device (aka multi room), again don’t be so pedantic. That’s not an external digital output for a DAC...
  10. M

Oh don’t get me wrong, I agree, digital out on a product like the M66 to me makes no sense, even less so if one is inclined to use Dirac etc. But XLR is a connection type only and can be used for analogue or digital (to the AES standard), and the M66 is analogue outputs only. NAD it would...
  11. M

The M66 does not have any digital outputs. Those for the main (left/right) and 4 subs, are XLR analogue outputs. AES uses an XLR connector, but not to be confused with an analogue XLR, just happen to be the same connector.
  12. M

Right, so they're right technically - but it's a little bit of semantics as the end result is still the same, which is a degradation of audio that is more pronounced the more attenuation you need to apply digitally. I mistakenly (like I guess many) thought it was bit rate reduction, but the net...
  13. M

That’s a huge shame, casting may not be a viable alternative either as if you only have one device and intend to use your device whilst listening then obviously casting won’t work for you. Which means you need a second device to sit on the side that you don’t intend to use whilst you are...
  14. M

A winky smiley used at the end of a statement like that of course implies the antithesis is true. So you have a commercial presence or relationship in the HiFi space I presume?
  15. M

Depends on regions, in the UK the M33 had a £500 increase during the 'fun' of the last few years - but it dropped a while back to it's launch price of £3999. I'd have hoped that would have been the case elsewhere but I don't know the global price books. Incidentally, with a clearer...
  16. M

Return it, it's not like its a limited edition one time opportunity to purchase. Buy it again when/if the issues are resolved. Seems pragmatic to me? Due to the huge over commitment around telling us DLBC would be coming, I'm taking the ART is coming with a huge pinch of salt. As said if they...
  17. M

Why are you such an apologist for NAD? No ones disputing the effort these things take, and yes NAD are probably the most innovative HiFi player in the space at the moment, certainly of the traditional brands. BUT, they are an abject lesson in how not to manage customer expectations! Honesty and...
  18. M

Yeah could use it as a source plus do the switching only, probably best option until it’s in the app. You would assume the ability to change source should be coming though as if you look at the actual screen shots of the app it shows Source and Preset switching at the bottom! Although the device...
  19. M

I guess the issue with using a streamer like say the A8 to control volume with its analogue circuits, is you’re adding extra DAC/ADC stages than neccessary when going back into the Nova. Or, if say using the A6 or Node and are coming digital out, then you’re doing digital volume attenuation -...
  20. M

You can't say that as if its fact - your NAD baises clearly taking afoot before facts here. Neither product has an implemented version of either software yet, I'll reserve judgment until there is actually something that can be tested. Ideally one would have both products in the same room to...
Top Bottom