Search results

1. M

Yamaha loudness vs. bass/treble

I understand what the loudness button does - Fletcher/Munson, raising/lowering bass and treble, etc. So, you decide the maximum volume at which you'd like to listen, and then use the loudness knob to control the amounts of bass and treble for low-volume listening. What I don't understand is...
  2. M

Bedroom system Sonos alternative?

If I want to build bedroom system which needs to: 1) sound "full" at low listening volumes (so I need some kind of loudness(fletcher-munson)/bass/treble control functionality) 2) be simple to turn on and off => wife friendly (no multiple buttonless, screenless boxes controlled only by mobile...
  3. M

Speakers "inside" bookshelf

Due to the specific configuration of my living room, I'm forced to put some speakers "into" a bookshelf. Not on, but into :) This means each speaker will be surrounded by a kind of "board box". If this is not enough, the bookshelf is pretty shallow as well, only 25cm. The good thing is that...
  4. M

Radio Paradise sound-alikes

I spend a lot of time listening to Radio Paradise (main and mellow mix). While I find it absolutely top-notch regarding the way music is selected for targeted audience, sometimes I miss more fresher, post 2000 production. Are there any radio stations similar in concept and quality, but more...
  5. M

New reference boxes from Teac..

Just stumbled upon, two new boxes, amplifier and DAC: https://teac.jp/int/support/news/6499 Compared to small brothers, more powerrrrr, sigma delta....
  6. M

Teac AI-503 vs Teac AX-505 (IcePower vs Hypex)

I need integrated amplifier with small footprint. It will be very visible so I want it to look good. And have vumeters :) As much as I could find, my only choices are Teac AI-503 and AX-505. Which one to choose? AX-505 Pros - newer, more power (Hypex NCore 70/115W into 8/4 ohms) Cons - less...
  7. M

Tale of three A/B tests or where do diminishing returns start for untrained ear?

Disclaimer: I am just regular guy whose really likes listening to the music first...equipment juggling fetish is very second distant :) For years now my setup is B&W 686 (somewhere around 2005s), and old Pioneer 5.1 (XV-DV323) receiver which I'm using in stereo mode. Pioneer specification...
Top Bottom