Search results

1. Z

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

interesting to read these contributions, insights and information that always serve a purpose. I haven't changed anything in the line-up for a long time, I'm satisfied, even though I can always imagine something better playing. Nevertheless, every day is different and we are also different, our...
  2. Z

Help in devising my new set up (Klipsch the Nines? AE1? Audiophonic amp & Wharfedale Linton? etc... )

I recognize that the expression, especially the "heights" can be beneficial at a greater distance, but that's probably all.
  3. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

it's not a placebo. But I don't know what happened, I can't explain it. Maybe the problem is elsewhere, the amplifier worked fine. Now I came back to it and the difference is between Tidal and Qobuz! on Qobuz it significantly distorts with the preset filter, on filri 3 it's fine. it's always ok...
  4. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

it's not just about even hearing a difference in sound. I paired it with one of my amps and didn't understand why it was distorting, quite significantly. after switching the filter from the preset to another, the sound started to be clean and undistorted. You will hear the difference in the...
  5. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

yes, it can be set in the menu! one or the other, or both
  6. Z

Ladder Schumann R2R DAC Review

many products are combo products. As for the DAC, it's clear that it's impossible to hear anything there, if it does what it's supposed to and is transparent. Another problem is the implementation of the preamplifier, pushing Lamps into the signal path, various bad solutions that characterize...
  7. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

maybe I'm putting myself out there wrong, so I apologize if it seems like an attack on someone. when I get to the materials again, or there will be new measurements, I'll put them here! but it's all about details and a few misunderstandings. But I have the right to disagree that there is no...
  8. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

maybe it's good to clarify what is perceived as a DAC here, as for the DAC chip itself, it's clear... but DAC as a device that also contains an analog output, where there are different opamps, the differences are audible just by replacing it with another one. and yes there was an ABX test
  9. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

do you think that making an audio device is easy and can be created without knowledge and without measurements? Yes, I believe what you write, that's why I'm ASR here, but as a musician and a listener, quality sound is important, so it's fine to discuss it at any level, and I'm just confirming...
  10. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

so the measurements and reviews are of no use after that... if it doesn't make sense in your opinion anyway, so there is no audible difference. ???
  11. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

with such an approach, you obviously haven't advanced much in life.
  12. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

all Amir, or Wolf and their measurements showed a clear difference between my 2 devices and I'm just saying that what you see in the graphs is also clearly heard.
  13. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

so I wasted €600 for something that is completely different, but I can't actually hear it. so why all the fuss.
  14. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

I expected such a response. I'll leave it like that for now. By the way, I have a recording studio available.. and of course real time comparisons! Of course, the choice of DAC is always based on measurements! not the ears, but as a result the differences can be heard and not small. But it is...
  15. Z

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

you're wrong ! I own several of these DACs, the worst has SINAD -118 dB, the best -124 dB, two are from SMSL, one TOPING, Gustard...etc. There are differences and very big ones !!! soundstage, dynamics, and many other things that can be heard!
  16. Z

SMSL SU-9 PRO The New King for $499?

no, nothing like that happens, absolutely no sound! neither when switching on nor when switching off.
  17. Z

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Thank you for asking! I am really very satisfied, I was expecting an improvement, but not a shock! because he really came. SMSL M300MK2 is a good DAC, but it had a few shortcomings, for example, micro USB-B where there are not many serious Hifi cables on the market. When turning on and off...
  18. Z

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Hi, I have already moved the device and currently switched to the SMSL SU9 Pro (the jump in performance is amazing) but I have only taken 2 photos of the SMSL M300MK2.
Top Bottom