Search results

1. R

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Berkeley, CA.
  2. R

Monoprice Blackbird Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

Can anyone confirm that this device will extract the digital stereo output from the Apple TV and will allow the HDMI to pass through unperturbed, so it can be connected to an AVR?
  3. R

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

How disappointing. I was almost tempted at one point to buy the Schiit Freya+, partly based on Amir's positive review of the Freya. I'm happy that I patiently waited for this review to come out. I'll forget about using tube-based preamplifiers and will concentrate instead on a combination of...
  4. R

Do you have Tinnitis? (Ringing sound in your ears)

Same with me. My tinnitus is more like 10.3 kHz and unfortunately quite loud.
  5. R

Salk Speakers

I ordered a Supercharged SongCenter with Teak finish about 5 years ago. It took a while for the speaker to be made and for it to get delivered, but it was beautiful and it sounds great. I'm extremely satisfied and use it every day when watching movies or TV in our living/dinning room.
  6. R

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

Folks, anyone has comments regarding the following article: Cable Pathways Between Audio Components Can Affect Perceived Sound Quality Author: Kunchur, Milind N. Affiliation: University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, U.S.A. JAES Volume 69 Issue 6 pp. 398-409; June 2021 Publication Date...
  7. R

Buckeye Nc502mp Review (6 Channel Amplifer)

Yes, I forgot to mentioned in my post that my M27 was a demo model, which I bought from the store for around $2000. In retrospect, a great deal. Nevertheless, the point that the newer model M28 costs almost 3 times as much as the Buckeye 6 channel is well taken.
  8. R

Buckeye Nc502mp Review (6 Channel Amplifer)

It appears that my NAD M27, which Amir reviewed in September 2019, still out performs any multichannel amplifier so far, including this Buckeye, and it has a 420 Watt output at 4 Ohms when it drives only two speakers...
  9. R

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

What was wrong with the Arcam ST60? Except for not having a USB input, it seems like a fairly good unit.
  10. R

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

The two current advantages of the Matrix Mini I-3 Pro over the Minidsp SHD are 1) Roon certification (the certification of the minidsp seems to be taking forever) and 2) MQA compatibility.
  11. R

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

Unfortunately, I think that you don't quite understand the concept of a Nash equilibrium. Players can't do better by changing their respective decisions, but the equilibrium may be still be non ideal (e.g suboptimal) to all.
  12. R

Paradigm Prestige 15B Review (bookshelf speaker)

I had the same experience listening to a pair of Paradigm Prestige 75F floor standing speakers, at a dealer’s showroom, when I was searching for a new pair of speakers to replace my old Koss CM-1030s. They were much too bright. I’m glad that Amir’s tests have confirmed that my hearing...
  13. R

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

I was contemplating getting the new matrix mini I 3 pro or a used Matrix Element X. However, your comments about buggy software and mediocre support are damping my enthusiasm for this brand. Perhaps I should wait instead for the Árcam ST60, which seems to have better functionality although it...
  14. R

Classe Sigma AMP5 Multichannel Amplifier Review

I'm so happy that I chose to buy the NAD M27 amp instead of this classe sigma-5 amp, when I was on the market for a multi-channel amp a few years ago. I got a great deal in buying the M27 used form a local AVR installation shop that was undergoing a remodeling.
Top Bottom