Search results

1. Kachda

Usher speakers construction video

Found this on YouTube. Goes over some steps of the cabinet, crossover and driver construction
  2. Kachda

SOLD: MiniDSP SHD

MiniDSP SHD in good working condition for sale. Will perform factory reset before shipping. Selling because I switched to a receiver for Dolby Atmos setup. Asking for $950+Shipping. Prefer local pickup in NYC.
  3. Kachda

MiniDSP SHD vs Pioner VSX-LX505 : noticeable difference in sound quality

I recently purchased a Pioneer VSX-LX505 to see if I could move from a stereo to 7.1.2 setup. I made a head to head comparison, using the same amplifier and speaker, and with all processing off (Pure Direct on AVR, Dirac off on Minidsp). Both speakers were placed right next to each other and...
  4. Kachda

Sorround Speakers

Hi, Looking for some opinions here. I am dipping my toes in the Dolby Atmos waters after hearing a friend's system. Don't want to invest too much into it, until I am convinced it is worth spending a lot more on surround and height speakers. I have two good Front speakers, so only need...
  5. Kachda

Replace MiniDSP SHD with an AVR for Dolby Atmos

Hi, Apologies if this has been asked before, I am not very familiar with AVRs. I recently listened to a Dolby Atmos setup with a Samsung soundbar, and really liked the sorround effect that is achieved in some songs. I don't want to change my speakers or even my amplifiers, but I was...
  6. Kachda

LASIK/SMILE in mid 40s

Hi, Recently I have been thinking of getting LASIK/SMILE. I have been wearing glasses since the age of 13 or so, and now I'm close to 43. I was never comfortable with the idea of surgery on my eyes before, but one of my friends recently got it done at the age of 47 and he claims it was an...
  7. Kachda

Wharfedale dealers

Does anyone know if wharfedale has dealers in NyC area? One of my friends is interested in getting the lintons, but was wondering if there are dealers for these who can do a deal (like the rumored 30% off for revels through dealers)
  8. Kachda

SOLD!!!: Wharfedale LINTON Stands (Pair) - Red Mahogany $350

See post here https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649938044-wharfedale-linton-speaker-stands-pair-red-mahogony/ These are beautful stands and match the speakers perfectly, but selling because I want to use a different pair.
  9. Kachda

SOLD: Sennheiser HD 560s / M-audio USB mic

Can sell individually or as a package. Includes original boxes and accessories. All are 6-9 months old, selling because I do not use them at all and want to get rid of desktop clutter. No problems with any device. I am a member of this forum for >2 years. You can also find my ebay ratings here...
  10. Kachda

REW Eq cutting too much bass

Hi, I am trying to do some room correction as a part of a comparison between the KEF R3 and Wharfedale linton 85 speakers. I am trying to do some room correction prior to doing the comparison and running into a strange problem. While the PEQ produced by REW for the Linton seems very close to...
  11. Kachda

Kef r3 vs Wharfdale Linton 85 (My comparison)

After listening to music on a KEF R3 for a while, wanted to try something different - Wharfdale Linton 85. Part 1: Picture & initial impressions Part 2: Near-field response Part 3: Listening position response Part 4: Applying PEQs to correct bass bumps Part 5: Mono listening Part 6: Stereo...
  12. Kachda

Minidsp shd mix to center channel

Hi, I’m currently run a stereo setup on minidsp shd. Unfortunately that means that dialog tends to come from the speaker that you are close to. I dont want to buy a receiver only to fix this and end up degrading my current setup of minidsp+hypex amp. I’m thinking of adding a center channel...
  13. Kachda

Minidsp SHD - Amazon Music 24bit/96khz over TOSLINK

Hi, I am trying out Amazon music and some Ultra HD tracks. I am using the amazon music app on a Google TV device, played over TOSLINK on my minidsp SHD. Many tracks on Amazon music say they are 24-bit / 48 or even 96khz, but then Amazon music only plays 16-bit / 48khz because it claims my...
  14. Kachda

Klipsch heritage promedia 2.1

Klipsch promedia 2.1 were my longtime PC speakers which I enjoyed very much when I had not heard anything better. There is a new version of these called Klipsch Heritage promedia 2.1 which is significantly more expensive ($230 vs $100). Has anyone heard these ? Or anyone interested in pooling...
  15. Kachda

Does it make sense to keep this Sub ?

I recently bought a JBL Stage A120P subwoofer. Today, I measured the output of the sub by itself, and the speakers without the sub. Both measurements were done at the same SPL level, with the sub set to medium gain. The sub (blue line) provides some SPL at ~55Hz, but drops off quite sharply...
  16. Kachda

March Audio P502 stopped turning on

Hi, I bought a March Audio P502 in Oct 2020. It was working fine till now, but today it is refusing to start up. I have tried turning it on using its front touch sensitive button as well as a trigger. Checked the trigger and cable voltage using multimeter and they are working fine. Has anyone...
  17. Kachda

[SOLD]: iLoud micro-monitor active speakers (black) + mic stands ($200)

200 + Shipping. These are great for computer/dekstop use, very tiny footprint Selling because I have switched to using headphones. Item is in good condition. Some minor scuffs visible on close examination, but no physical damage otherwise. The steel mic stands help elevate the speakers to ear...
  18. Kachda

Closed: KEF R3 Walnut color: No loner for sale…

This breaks my heart a bit. I have been constantly on the move for the past 2 years, and carrying these speakers around is not ideal. So I have decided to sell my entire system, and rely on small portable speakers till I can find more of a permanent place. The combination sounds excellent...
  19. Kachda

A $15k music streamer reviewed on stereophile

It’s got better bits than your average streamer. “Bits, it seems, aren't bits, or not only. A digital datastream is also an analog signal. Noise and other signal errors endemic to multi-function computers not designed primarily for music playback can affect how music sounds.” Read the article...
  20. Kachda

Lindsey Buckingham releasing new album

And an interview in the times https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/08/arts/music/lindsey-buckingham.html?referringSource=articleShare
Top Bottom