Search results

1. S

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

I think I'll keep my Stax SRM323S until the dust settles...
  2. S

Is it the same EQ that they have in SoundSource (Oratory 1990 EQ Presets)?
  3. S

Alternative to SoundSource

I have SoundSource. This is what appeared for Audio channel handling: Support → SoundSource Instructions for: AirfoilAudio HijackFarragoFissionLoopbackPiezoSoundSource Audio channel handling in SoundSource Generally speaking, Rogue Amoeba’s applications...
  4. S

It seems that the gold standard for WINDOWS is HeSuVi plus Equalizer APO. I'm looking for MAC equivalents. I have TDR NOVA (the free version), and there is also a pay version called TDR NOVA GE. Is TDR NOVA the equivalent of Equalizer APO? What I liked about SoundSource is that it had the...
  5. S

SoundSource Amoeba support e-mailed me and said they only support stereo and don't support multi-channel set-ups. I like SoundSource because they have the Harman curve set-up for my headphones, but otherwise I feel hamstrung. Can anyone suggest an alternative that contains headphone EQ and also...
  6. S

Has anyone tried using this crossfeed setup?

SoundSource Amoeba support e-mailed me and said they only support stereo and don't support multi-channel set-ups. I like SoundSource because they have the Harman curve set-up for my headphones, but otherwise I feel hamstrung. Can anyone suggest an alternative that contains headphone EQ and...
  7. S

I received this e-mail from Rogue Amoeba Support regarding DearVR Monitor: However, keep in mind that SoundSource only supports stereo audio, so the full functionality of multi-channel plugins may not work. When I tried multi-channels with DearVR Monitor, only Stereo worked. Needless to...
  8. S

I have SoundSource. Would you be able to give step-by-step instructions on how to put DearVR Monitor into SoundSource? I downloaded the trial version, but when I looked for it (the DearVR Monitor), I couldn't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had Darin Fong's OOYH previously...
  9. S

I downloaded the trial version of dearVR_MONITOR.pkg and can't find it on my Mac. Where do I find it? The instructions say to insert this into the master bus of my DAW? What does this even mean? Where is the master bus and where is the DAW? I have Garage Band, which I have never used. Is...
  10. S

Darin Fong's "Out of Your Head"

But I was told I need loudspeakers in order to use Impulcifier. I don't have any. Here is the head fi reply: Headphoneus Supremus JoinedSep 15, 2017Posts1,611Likes786LocationThe Netherlands You can not do much with Impulcifer if you don't have speakers to measure (and of course you will need...
  11. S

I have to be honest here and feel I have been excluded from these "binaural room simulation" discussions. Please see my previous posts.
  12. S

I am looking at all this information and would really like to get a good substitute for Darin Fong's OOYH. I have a Mac and my set-up is this: Mac > Topping D90SE > Stax SRM 323S > Stax SR 009. I am technically unsophisticated and this is why OOYH was so good for me. I have tried contacting...
  13. S

How to download Impulcifier with MacOS

What is the simplest step-by-step process to download Impulcifier with Mac OS? I have SoundSource and MacOs Ventura.
  14. S

Darin Fong's "Out of Your Head"

To digress a bit, I downloaded SoundSource from the advice of a member, and it really brought my system to life. My original request was to get exact directions for downloading a simple EQ source for my headphones (Stax SR 009). I downloaded Oratory 1990's Harman curve and the results are...
  15. S

Thank you. It's the best thing to happen to my set-up ever.
  16. S

I know that this reply probably belongs in a different forum, but I would like to post this here anyway. I have an IMac running Ventura totally updated. It's running through a Topping D90SE and then through the Stax SRM 323S, then through the Stax SR 009. Having this review from Amir is...
  17. S

TOPPING EHA5

another review: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/quick-look-topping-eha5-electrostatic-headphone-amplifier/
  18. S

TOPPING EHA5

I expected more comments than this. It might be because estat headphones may be a niche area. But I get the impression that because this is an estat energizer built by Topping, that this may be a hot potato issue on this forum.
Top Bottom