Search results

1. M

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Oh, sorry, I didn’t even see it in the most visible place. Thank you :)
  2. M

When measuring a DAC, this can only be done by digitally volume control the DAC chip itself. Not all DACs have such volume control available. But even in those in which it is available, adjustments inside the chip lead to an increase in THD. For example, when reducing the volume of the EC9038Q2M...
  3. M

Can I ask for one change? When trying to perform the DSD test, it turned out that the signal going to the DAC was too large and was causing an overflow. Is it possible to reduce the output voltage of the DSD from -0.5 to -3 ...-6 dBFS?
  4. M

May be. I know for sure that DO100 uses two clock generators. One with low jitter and the other with higher jitter. Why this was done, I don’t understand. Any of the clock generators can perform its functions on the full frequency range.
  5. M

SMSL are cunning :) DO100 has two clock frequency sources: asynchronous 100 MHz from a clock generator for frequencies 44.1-192 kHz and synchronous 44.1*1024=45.1 MHz or 48*1024=49.1 MHz from a frequency synthesizer for frequencies 352-768 kHz or DSD. Since most measurements are made at...
  6. M

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

One of the two secret chips has been identified. This is 10 pin programmable clock generator Skyworks Si5351A.
  7. M

Replacing the two OPA1612 I/U operational amplifiers with an OPA1656. When I disassembled the DAC and looked at the circuit, I saw that the I/U op-amps operate in current modes close to the limiting ones. They are loaded with two DAC current channels, an RCA adder and an XLR load. Since the E1DA...
  8. M

Immediately after purchasing it, I opened it up and modernized it a little. Therefore the warranty was voided. Well, I was interested in repairing it myself :).
  9. M

My DO100 also stuttered. I had to replace the 100 MHz crystal oscillator. Perhaps SMS received a batch of defective generators. This is an SMD chip with dimensions of 3.25 * 2.5 mm. You can buy it on AliExpress for little money: 3$ 5 pieces. Before replacing the crystal, my DAC stuttered...
  10. M

E1DA Cosmos ADC

It is not always so. I have very average audio system with inexpensive china DAC, DIY D class amplifier and 3-way Speakers 150 Watt power and 91 dB sensitivity. I am 56 years old. But i can hear the 3 kHz 96/24 signal, which I turn on/off using the play/pause button on the player. From a...
  11. M

Will it be possible to analyze a WAV file or only signals from the ADC?
  12. M

E1DA Cosmos ADC

I wrote that this offset is not large. But there are people who don't like this offset.
  13. M

E1DA Cosmos ADC

There is no relationship between DC offset and power. DC offset produces a constant offset for the woofers. What is the output offset without signal?
  14. M

E1DA Cosmos ADC

This is not much for me. But there are different people :)
  15. M

E1DA Cosmos ADC

How many DC offset? When recording an ADC signal and playing it back through a DC DAC and DC amplifier, the speaker systems may not like DC offset of more than 50-100 mV.
  16. M

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

127 +/- 1db (A) grade-B, 128-129db (A) grade-A, <126db (A) grade-C> 125db (A) I do not understand something? The difference between versions A and B is 0..3 dB with a general level of -126 ..- 129 dB. Is it so important that version A is needed? I ordered what was at the time of ordering on...
  17. M

Measurements of Topping DX3Pro LDAC/V2

What software do you use? I once had this error on Foobar. Switching the output from dsd to psm and back fixed this bug. I don't know if this is a Foobar error, a Foobar component error or an asio driver error.
  18. M

Measurements of Topping DX3Pro LDAC/V2

It work fine. DAC don't display 48 based DSD and indicated DSD up one level. DSD64/48 indicated as 5.54. DSD256/48 indicated as 22.4 and dsd512/48 don't work :) . But ASIO status in Topping control panel indicates Sample Rate correctly. I use Foobar2000/SACD 1.2.3/DSD Processor 1.1.4/DSD...
  19. M

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Oops, another engineering mistake :). A solid state relay is installed to turn off the RCA. The relay operates on a voltage of 12 volts. It has an Aux_En trip signal. When the DAC is switched off with the button or from the remote control, the Aux_En signal is quickly disabled. It's all right...
Top Bottom