Search results

1. A

SACD/DSD: Passive speakers vs Active Studio Monitors for 5.1 multichannel SACD playback.

I am ready to consider returning to multichannel as soon as there are reasonable solutions for wireless signal transmission from a multichannel processor to powered speakers.
  2. A

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

1. No. See 5. 2. Built-in DAC when using RCA. My main use case would be as a transport, but the -standard- flexibility here is key,. 3. No headphone jack. RCA, Optical and/or Coax. 4. Computer rip support would be a nice extra, if low impact on cost. 5. No opinion. USB power might allow the...
  3. A

Why buy or use CDs when streaming is more convenient?

Many reasons to buy and play physical media: - I stream daily, and, as others before, I am frequently dissapointed with albums no longer available, or disappointing mixes (spotify, tidal). Visual part is underdeveloped. Stream has many pluses, as playlists and discovering new music. - I ripped...
  4. A

Portable CD player in 2023

Love the design. Miss a remote and spdif out Unless RestorerJohn educates me otherwise, I guess that in 2023 there should be clever electronics that correct the lack of a sturdy full size box. Let's try: I primarily stream, I ripped a large part of my CD collection, but I also like to play the...
  5. A

DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core Room EQ Review

UPDATE (late, sorry): Since more than one year after I started using the full digital path I am totally satisfied with the Antimode. I found a spdif switch (beni_skate in Tindie) recommended in a post here in ASR, so the single spdif input is also not an issue.
  6. A

Nuprime STA-100 power amp... anyone uses these?

For some reason second hand Nuprimes have high-ish second hand values in Europe. My most wanted review in ASR would be still the IDA-8 integrated, with digital inputs. I still own a Nuforce (whose higher end range became Nuprime) DDA-100 as spare amp, low power but wonderful usability, and...
  7. A

50% of vinyl buyers don't own a record player

Absolutely logical, to me. My view is that the key to the vinyl renaissance is a technology centuries old, called "paper". There might even be a market for paper covers without the physical media, for those of us who also stream. I am not much into vinyl anymore, but I like to buy from time to...
  8. A

The bottom octave

Thanks for interesting post and comments. A question, within the situation of a condominium, where neighbours must be cared of: What would be the effect of EQing down the first octave and EQing up the second octave in order to try to preserve the energy balance of the recording as much as...
  9. A

What do you want to see from Topping..?

A wider concept, I would like a small size modular CD transport designed and documented for very long term durability and future non-expert DIY maintenance. The "modular" build should facilitate the substitution of no longer available parts and also the DIY addition of non-essential features...
  10. A

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Thanks Amirm for this brave review. I would only propose different titles: Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (BOUTIQUE bookshelf speaker) Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (LUXURY bookshelf speaker) IMHO, the term "high end" is ambiguous, and thus unappropriate in ASR. Frequently, like in this case, "high...
  11. A

Dual Merus MA12070 Amplifier Sabaj A20 fully balanced : pictures inside )

As there seem that there are several companies producing variations on the dual Merus concept, I would welcome an additional power amp version with only balanced and rca inputs.
  12. A

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

+1 to the Sony noise cancelling models, or other NCs NCs have so much improved my experience of conmuting and walking around big cities.
  13. A

CDP out of time or not? Is it worth to get a new one?

Gruss Gott! Relative worth is a personal view. There are good reasons to listen to ripped CDs, to stream from Spotify or Qobuz or..., to play CDs or vinyl or reel to reel... Regarding CDs: One may be attached to one's collection and enjoy just see it there. One may want to keep one's well...
  14. A

Upgrade over Nad C326BEE -> Class A or D?

I cannot give you any advice on DIY. I am sure someone will, and you will enjoy afterwards some time building and comparing the NAD to others. My 2 cents: Whatever you build, I would also keep the NAD. I had a NAD T760, strictly for analog stereo use, and undervaluing and selling this old...
  15. A

Wharfedale Diamond 220 Budget Speaker Review

Extremely welcome review: subjective good sound without deep bass. Some of us must listen to music in small(ish) rooms, sometimes in appartment buildings. We need a reasonable sound pressure without exciting neighbours and room modes too much. I have had some trouble to have my main rig behaving...
  16. A

Records Outsell CD !

I enjoy equally Tidal, youtube and CDs. CD weakness is... those tiny covers and booklets. Even those in cute boxes cannot compete with LP covers. I do not see it as vinyl against CD, but as gorgeous LP cover versus mean, miserable plastic "jewel" cases. Seriously, the industry could give CD a...
  17. A

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

I welcome the bipolar panther. It can better reflect the nuances in the conclusion of the review. In other previous reviews, the product was flawed as a whole, but competitive for a particular appication. For example, an AVR with a poor digital section, but good amp measurements when used...
  18. A

DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core Room EQ Review

Thanks for the review! It adds to the results of an unflattering "test bench" post in DIY-audio forum, which was also negative regarding the full digital path. The Antimode still seems the simplest solution for those that have little time and knowledge, and not into computer audio, like myself...
  19. A

Digital room correction hardware

Hi, late to the thread, but it maybe useful for someone. I use exactly in that way the DSpeaker Antimode 2.0, bought second hand some months ago. It is a model from 2012, but still on sale new. Second hand prices make it more attractive. There are many flattering reviews online. There is one...
Top Bottom