Search results

1. simplywyn

Audio industry is full of crap and thank god this place exists

Last post about this I promise. As an aspiring audiophile, I'm constantly wow at how amazingly dumb I am as a consumer. The latest culprit? A $200 WAudio W4800. https://www.amazon.ca/WAudio-Noise-Power-Filter-Conditioner/dp/B08DJBRN8S This beauty conditions the power, and makes the noise...
  2. simplywyn

Is this absolute nonsense? Streamers degrade audio

Our ears do not have the same fidelity as our eyes. There's definitely far far far more money spent on video quality than audio quality. Our phones for example, have retina level full HDR color accuracy, and have some of the nastiest speakers. Our TV industry is hell bent on reproducing the...
  3. simplywyn

Exactly, so even with video files, people don't really complain too much but how come with audio files, there's this huge scrutiny in quality? For example: a JPEG at 85-90% compression, you cannot tell it from a 100% perfect image. For audio, an MP3 at 90% compression, can you really tell from...
  4. simplywyn

Meanwhile companies like Apple and Qualcomm are testing their compression algorithms such that, statistically, human beings cannot tell the difference. What a sad state of the audio industry. What the video industry has been been doing in past years to make streaming work (according to the lab...
  5. simplywyn

Love this write up and yes exactly what I know about networking. This is pretty basic to anyone who understands how networking works.
  6. simplywyn

Also can you actually hear noise or jitter? I've done noise tests and I can't hear past... something like 5%, and lower and most THD is in the 0.1% So what's going on here?
  7. simplywyn

Yeah... I completely don't understand that. I worked in compression and my parents currently run a PhD lab working with the latest compression algorithms the H265 group. Basically, it's all subjective to the point where compressions algorithms are built to test whether or not humans can even...
  8. simplywyn

Oh THIS is PSAudio, right.
  9. simplywyn

I checked out their site, they sell very expensive equipment, are they any good?
  10. simplywyn

I stumbled onto this video, and I know something about networking web coming from an engineering background. Who is this guy and is he full of nonsense?? I don't understand how streaming has anything to do with sound quality. The file being sent over wifi, LAN or whatever medium (even 5G) has...
  11. simplywyn

Looking for desktop computer "audiophile" speakers

Ideally USB. Right now the sound is literally coming out of the mac mini (mono I'm assuming). It's "workable" as it's only used as a work computer
  12. simplywyn

Basically just getting stereo sound for my desktop that's better than in embedded speaking inside my Mac mini
  13. simplywyn

Comparing Buckeye and VTV Purifi Amps

There's zero difference in amps.
  14. simplywyn

So basically my desk space absolute height is only around 20cm speaker. All of these suggestions are aboslutely HUGE speakers, minimum 30cm or above, even the tiny genelec is 30cm :(
  15. simplywyn

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Speaker burn in I definitely think happens over YEARS, and that's simply because of how the materials age. Just like car aging, a 10 year old honda and a 1 year old honda drive completely differently.
  16. simplywyn

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Okay guys, LA90 can't compete against ET400, ET400 beats it hands down. I have 2 LA90's that I'm putting on the market place right now and buying 2 monos from Buckeye. LA90's literally clip when the volume is high. ET400 feels effortless.
  17. simplywyn

The 500W definitely punches lower, I can "feel" the bass more, and the sharp tones are definitely more energetic. LA90 cannot punch as loud but if you're listening to a medium volume both sound the same. Only specific music you can hear the difference.
  18. simplywyn

I have 2 LA90's powering my R3's on my desk. It's way way more than enough power unless you are stupidly deaf. I've put my buckeye 500W amp on the R3's and yes whilst it does sound better and punchier / sharper, it's not necessary.
  19. simplywyn

TOPPING HS02 coming

I've been waiting for this product for ages, I'm constantly hearing my GPU / CPU noise and it speeds up slows down (like a low level tick / hum) when I'm playing video games lol. If this product does what I think it does, it just finds the digital signal and completely repeats it and separates...
Top Bottom