Search results

1. P

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Interesting, do you think that the a90 and a70 pro sounds the same also due to both having good measurements? I only ask this as I was shocked how the a70 Pro sounded, not the typical old school Topping sound at all, much warmer with more bass slam, noticed it immediately, reviews have noticed...
  2. P

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Topping L30 II - Schiit Magni 3 - JDS Labs Atom Amp 2? I'm basically looking for a 'cheap' very transparent, clean, neutral bordering on lean/analytical amp to get the best out of the HD650, I have a Violectric V202 and it pairs well with all my headphones apart from the HD650 where I find I...
  3. P

Violectric HPA V550 Pro Review (Pre-amp/Headphone Amp)

I just explained in the post you quoted why it isn't truly balanced, all input signals are converted through the single ended volume pot and converted back to balanced, it is not a straight through balanced amp from input to output, the signal in converted, this quote is from Fried from...
  4. P

Violectric HPA V550 Pro Review (Pre-amp/Headphone Amp)

Power output on violectric amps are the same on either single ended or balanced as all input signals is converted to unbalanced internally to pass through the volume control and then are converted back to balanced to pass through the 4 power amplifiers, it's not 'technically' a true balanced...
  5. P

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Could you provide any more details on this ?
  6. P

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Just to clarify, balanced output will almost always be the better choice over RCA when using a DAC that is designed to be balanced, but other than solving possible grounding issues it is pretty much the same in terms of SQ when compared to a DAC that is single-ended design from the ground up...
  7. P

I've read this also but tbh I find this very hard to believe, it's not in the manual as they say it's a "hidden feature", why on earth would they intentionally allow the amp to factory reset by twiddling the knob in standby, do they not know audiophiles and their knob twiddling ways!
  8. P

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Can someone tell on this amp on the line out can you choose between fixed and variable?
  9. P

Right, new issue found, not sure if anyone wants to try this on theirs to see if this is an isolated issue or not, in standby, if I fiddle with the volume knob the amp factory resets itself, I can recreate this as many times as required and it resets every time,
  10. P

Thanks. Reading some of your past posts, I've also had the sound cutting out with relay clicks like in the video I posted, weirdly I couldn't replicate the issue in single ended out.
  11. P

My friend has kindly lent me his A70 Pro (he is indenting to sell after christmas), couple of initial things, I can turn the A70 into standby by holding the volume knob down, but doing the same to bring out of standby results in the screen showing the FW version, is this normal behavior?, also...
  12. P

TOPPING DX9!

Could you provid some more feedback regarding the DX9 vs the V222 sound? How do you feel now a few weeks on? Did you sell your V222? I have a Violectric 202 and was thinking about the DX9.
  13. P

Any negatives running a single-ended DAC (Qutest) in and Balanced headphone out?
  14. P

I'm looking into this amp, are you conforming all issues are fixed now?
  15. P

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

I'm still a massive fan of the original TinHifi T2 for 'Bang for Buck', The Honest Audiophile from YouTube recently rated them over the Zero:Red which surprised me tbh as not many people mention the T2 these days. The TinHiFi P1 Max also definitely deserve a shout out, they sell for $99 these...
  16. P

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

I gave examples of highly regarded IEMs that chose to tune the 2-6kHz region differently, I don't think there is anything wrong questioning the IE Harman target, after all the Red is supposed to be contrary to that target so the gate is open now really.
  17. P

Do you believe that the Harman IE target has had enough research though? I personally don't, Headphones, yes, but IE is a totally different ball game.
  18. P

Maybe, but then IEMs like the SA6/Ultra/MK2, U12T, and the IER-M9 (3kHz dip) that are all very highly regarded IEMs say otherwise, I just think that the IE target needs a lot more refinement in this region.
  19. P

I'm in this camp, my favourite 'budget' IEM at the moment is the P1 Max Panda, highly underrated IEM, perfect tuning in the 2-6kHz region, so glad Tinhifi choose to go against the grain for this Planer, no offence to Crinacle but I'm not sure why the Red is being held up as an important contrary...
  20. P

That looks a little better, using your comparison tool it wasn't differentiating itself as much as that, especially around the 3.5k region, I will give them a go purely to give me a reference point for this target at least, can always donate them to a friend, please consider taking a hatchet to...
Top Bottom