Search results

1. D

How to incorporate DSP in this system.

Since you did not mention your speakers.... I don't know whether you have a subwoofer connected to the subwoofer-output on your amp. If you are willing to do so, there is this modestly priced product from dayton audio, which I tried, and it works pretty well...
  2. D

Why eq to a flat response prior to eq'ing to a Harman Curve?

Well.... no matter the target curve, your lowest SPL of your 20-20Khz response from any loudspeaker - is going to be your max SPL anyway, since best practice, is to cut, rather than boost. So EQ'ing a speaker to flat before you introduce the room, is just a way to try and correct what might be...
  3. D

Break from Tekton Thread

Sister's cat taking a nap in the flower bed, during my nephew's birthday .... Trying to play some weird board game :p
  4. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Or... Just seal the back... Not that hard
  5. D

Subwoofer?

At that price, you could easily get 2 subwoofers... of some different brand than Genelec. Genelec make nice products, but even smooth bass is more important. I think even two closed SVS subwoofers could do it - if just adjusted and tuned right. And that would be way cheaper than one Genelec sub...
  6. D

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

Sometimes the room, the placement of the system and the main listening position can play tricks with us with any speaker - irrelevant of size, brand, price or type. For my room, it is the soft wooden floor, which absorb quite a lot of bass, and then make a lot of smaller speakers lack the...
  7. D

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

And that was my conclusion too, when I bought the Seas DXT tweeter. It might look nicer, and you can measure it, but it won't be audibly noticeable: https://www.speakerdesign.net/seas/tweeters/dxt/dxt_tweeter.html https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/test-seas-dxt-27tbcd-g/ A lot has to do with...
  8. D

Music For Testing Bass

Heard "Soothing" by Laura Marling the first time in a Danley Sound demo on YouTube. Was quite surprised to hear the normal version, because it is so much more "dry". The big room sound of a theater really adds "room" No wonder people often get into debates when trying to compare live and home...
  9. D

Music For Testing Bass

It almost sounded like my main door was being knocked on :D at the intro of Kari Bremnes - Svarta Bjørn - Byssan Lull. This was at moderate volume. Sounds heavy, dead and dry, with a clear realism to the weight of the coherence of the sub+woofer+midrange and tweeter. I also like most tracks...
  10. D

extremism in opinions

We are between 15-25 people meeting every winter for our yearly HIFI Christmas lunch. The tone is soo different in real life, which is actually a good thing. We mostly communicate fine online, but the interaction when meeting to exchange ideas and showing off something we build... Then it's...
  11. D

Subwoofer feels underwhelming

I would address the problem differently. 1. What's the budget? 2. Requirement for looks, size and complexity of the sub? 3. Can you draw your room with your MLP and placement of the system? Correctly setup, you can do with way cheaper subwoofers. So you could actually get two subwoofers and...
  12. D

Extreme Snake Oil

Best cables for me at the moment, are some lamp-cord that fit well and easy into my DIY build - because it's round - which fit well through a drilled hole in a wooden structure, even though I of course glue it for air-tightness. Tried to buy some fancy cable, which turned out to be difficult to...
  13. D

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

Well... one thing is certain, Amirm is not going to carry those upstairs for a listening session ;)
  14. D

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Monday morning... freshly brewed with a dash of whole milk, helping me to become ready for new challenges :cool:,
  15. D

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

I have listened to a lot of B&W gear, same story every time - big dip in the upper midrange/lower tweeter - never an honest presentation with those speakers - no matter the price. Magico are way better - but still super expensive for what you get. MCintosh - I see no reason to buy it, since...
  16. D

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

You found the Dali rolled on the top? I found them very open and very clear... listening too close to the Core 11 made me twitch my head because I felt the upper frequencies were "attacking" me a bit. I definitely feel that the Dali's need a much bigger space than the KEF. Maybe because bigger...
  17. D

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

Thank you for giving me a chance too :) I am often so eager to do something and share something, that I'm balancing the act of not fully knowing whether I am just spilling my thoughts and ideas, or actually contributing with something valuable for someone else. This is one of those...
  18. D

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

And I will try no to do that again - sorry. Both posts are now deleted. My writings are just my opinions, and might not change anything anyway ;)
  19. D

SB Acoustics Satori WO24TX-4 Driver review published on audioxpress, Anyone using it yet or plans to use?

Yeah... the price ;) It's properly beyond good enough for any build you might throw yourself at :)
  20. D

Distortion measurements

So... I tried to compare 2 very differently priced 8" drivers. Can someone guess which one is the SB23NRX and which is the Purifi PTT 8.0 ?? Because I'm in doubt what to look for :oops:
Top Bottom