Search results

1. Steve Dallas

New Emotiva MR1 AVR Released

At $2,000, I am not sure I see a reason for this to exist: https://emotiva.com/pages/mr1-receiver If its specs are to be believed, it offers a good amount of power. But it does not support 8K, appears to have only IIR digital room correction, and, let's face it, is probably typically Emotiva...
  2. Steve Dallas

KEF R3 vs. Philharmonic BMR Grudge Rematch to the Probably not Death Thread

As none of you recall, I tested the roadshow BMRs that Dennis was kind enough to ship all around the country last year and posted a lengthy thread about the experience. And, I ended up liking them enough to buy a pair. They even unseated my KEF R3s, which I sold shortly after receiving the...
  3. Steve Dallas

How Bad are those MTM Center Speakers in Practice in Reality? Revel C25 Content Inside

As I read through the reviews of 2 way MTM center channel speakers and contemplate their dismal horizontal directivity in context with the application of the Revel C25 in my media room, I cannot help but wonder how much it matters and whether we are making too much of it. I love audio science...
  4. Steve Dallas

Share Your Measured Noise Floor

These measurements are interesting to me and useful for providing context. I let REW's RTA run for one minute in two of my rooms before taking speaker measurements. A/V equipment was on at idle. The house was empty in both cases, and I turned off the heat and other noise making things. The...
  5. Steve Dallas

SOLD!!!: MiniDSP OpenDRC-DI SOLD!!!

For sale is one MiniDSP OpenDRC-DI. I have owned the unit for about 4 months. I purchased the AcourateDRC license for it, which may be transferable (need to check on that). The unit is in like new condition and will ship in its original box with all original accessories. This is an all...
  6. Steve Dallas

FS: Dynaudio Excite X18 Bookshelf Speakers Rosewood Pair

I am selling my X18s. The speakers are in excellent condition, and the original box and all original accessories are included. I would like to clear $800 on these. The photos are not the best, but they are here. Sorry about that. Please don't buy them there. Start a conversation with me...
  7. Steve Dallas

Philharmonic BMR Monitor Semi-Objective Review - Road Show Stop 1

Introduction @Dennis Murphy is generously sending a pair of his Philharmonic BMR Monitor speakers on a road show to various listeners east of that big river over yonder. Somehow, they found their way across it to rural-ish Texas and landed in my home first, before heading back east to continue...
Top Bottom