Search results

1. junki

RME ADI-2 DAC FS - AKM Versus ESS Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

Looks like a bunch of charts that show there is no experiential difference between the two.
  2. junki

SMSL SH-6 + 7hz Timeless sound too bright?

The problem I have with that test is the 50 Hz is more of a physical vibration of the ear canal while the 500 Hz is an auditory tone. It’s difficult to judge relative volume of both.
  3. junki

SMSL SH-6 + 7hz Timeless sound too bright?

It's the Timeless. Not sure what research you did to inform your purchase, but the Timeless' frequency response is readily available: As one can clearly see, the Timeless has a rather insane 7-9 dB 8Khz spike. That is probably what you're hearing. If you relied on Crinacle's reviews to buy...
  4. junki

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

@amirm Will you be measuring SE performance as well as crosstalk?
  5. junki

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting that to do this that Topping must take the A90D's volume knob and put it on the A30Pro? That's not how electronics work. An R2R stepped volume control doesn't take more room than a potentiometer. You can put whatever volume knob you want on it.
  6. junki

For low impedance loads (32 Ohms or less), this unit seems more capable of delivering high wattage, which it must do so via current at such low impedances. However, experientially, both are likely indistinguishable.
  7. junki

I have an old D50 dac that failed to power on a couple of years ago out of warranty. I emailed Topping and they responded that since it was out of warranty, the service fee would be $30, and I'd handle shipping to, and they'd handle shipping back to me. They provided mailing instructions...
  8. junki

I emailed Topping to congratulate them on the A90D and to ask that they implement R2R volume control into their A30Pro and release it as A30Pro SE or something. One of their product people replied that they will discuss that suggestion internally.
  9. junki

Uh, I’m using the Arcam rHead amplifier, which is from the UK. It’s class A or AB depending on gain, it has inaudible distortion and noise, and it has R2R stepped volume control. I bought it over five years ago for $300.
  10. junki

Your image very poorly maps to the two amplifiers I mentioned.
  11. junki

Being discrete, this is an incredible product from an engineering standpoint. Blows almost every western high-end discrete amplifier out of the water. But from a consumer standpoint, I can't see the value proposition to get this over something like the SMSL SH-9 amplifier, which offers similar...
  12. junki

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

I don't know why it took me this long to find this DAC+AMP. This is an amazing product. JDS chose to focus on all the right things here and ended up with at first glance the highest value product at its price point bar none. Going to pick one of these up. This is being slept on by the entire...
  13. junki

Amplifier ranking graphics (THD+Noise, SINAD, Output Impedance)

Is there a place on this site or a thread that has the most up-to-date versions of these graphics? Or A Google sheet?
  14. junki

Looking to buy a new amplifier like the Arcam rHead but more powerful

Is there a place online with more information about this product? A quick Google didn't turn anything up besides a bunch of A90 content. EDIT: Nevermind. Found some information. Exciting. I wish it was available now.
  15. junki

Looking to buy a new amplifier like the Arcam rHead but more powerful

I hope this community with its vast awareness of different amplifiers out in the ether can help me with this. I've been using Arcam rHead for many years, and I love it. It doesn't have the lowest noise floor (or highest SINAD), but the noise floor it has is absolutely inaudible, and what it...
  16. junki

Please help me understand SE/BAL for Topping's amplifier infographic

I don't know that much about single-ended vs. balanced, except that balanced doubles the power, avoids ground loops, provides higher SINAD, and requires the entire DAC-Amplifier chain to be balanced to actually get results. So what does it mean that some amplifiers are SE vs. balanced...
  17. junki

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

It sounds like whatever application assumes exclusive control of the DAC hasn't let go. As long as it has exclusive control of the DAC, no other application will be able to use the DAC to output sound.
  18. junki

@Toku I reached out to Topping, and Topping has updated Thesycon drivers for Windows. Ver 4.35: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1rsf8vrmt34wet/Topping_UsbAudio_v4.35.0_2017-11-01_setup.zip Thesycon's latest drivers available for their custom driver service is 4.38, so these should be quite close to...
  19. junki

@L0rdGwyn https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/7256/usb-without-vcc
Top Bottom