Search results

1. L

Topping E30 or DX3pro as DAC for 789?

OK - that was my thinking, too based on the slightly negative stance on ESS chips offered by Amir - who at this point represents an impartial guide.
  2. L

Thank you very much for responding. Glad to hear it's the right path. I'm really interested in this chap's suggestion that there better DAC options for pairing to the THX. I mean...I knew there were better DACs. I'm sure one that cost $20,000 is wonderful. But I included the prices so that...
  3. L

So that’s what I thought! I figured start with the E30 and work my way up to the bad boy you own. However someone in here thinks for E30 money there are better DACs. I did see Amir’s positive review on Soncoz LA-QXD1 but that’s not $130. I have no idea whether I prefer AK or ESS chips yet...
  4. L

Thanks for your responses. What would you recommend that are better in the $130 range? I really looked at the reviews on this site and thought I found the sweet spot with the E30 (given that I don't care about balanced at the moment).
  5. L

I'm looking for a DAC to plug into my THX AAA 789. I'm new to this and have had the THX for a week. Lots has been discussed on this but I managed to grab a DX3pro, after reading the great review on this site, from Drop. It was about $180. That's not going to ship until June 26th which gives...
Top Bottom