Search results

1. J

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Mine was faulty to decrease volume after some use, it is no so easy to open (back is glued) it and it was easy to see what happens: the pressure of the +/- buttons is directly transmitted to the cms-type button, only 2 small solder are "facing" against pushing force to the back of the buttons. I...
  2. J

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

a song I like to play to test 3D sound capacity of speakers (and now heaphones), it seems that someone was enjoying to play percussions all around the studio mic ^^ https://songwhip.com/jamiroquai/morning-glory-remastered
  3. J

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

but now I'm front in a choice I didn't expect to have, keep it and enjoying despite this V2 review and the previous post terrible pictures of faulty pads, or sending it back before the 30 days with a lesser budget for which one XD, the Aune is just arriving in EU it seems.
  4. J

the bass are a little bit too weak for my taste, I already boost 0-100 khz with EQ , the mediums are good and the high not as clear as I expected, but this is something maybe useful for long listening sessions, it's my first acquisition of this type of headphone, previous best one was a...
  5. J

I'm lost, I bought myself the stealth V3 (16 ohm/93 dB) for Christmas for 350€ and more 60 bucks for 4.4mm cable and a case, the choice took me some times, mostly here and on Rtings, as I don't find any measurement of this specific version, I supposed the stealth version was more or less an...
  6. J

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Amir is doing with what he is receiving, will all manufacturers constructing this kind of refence design send final product to Amir? Have we to be deprive of these datas ? I don't think so, we all known that there will be 2 kinds of use of theses OEM parts: "simple as it", 99% similar to these...
  7. J

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

This chord design... looks like the firsts Flash websites of 2005 or before. And this price... I prefer using a usb or external DAC/amp and custom it with some LiPo battery like chord do, but for a fraction of the price and maybe better perf.
  8. J

Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF

For a broken one, any price is too much -_-, 50€. Announcement said "not always working, I stop to try to play with it, I prefer to pass and sell it for someone who know better how to deal with it", so I though at that time it is was more a software trouble, maybe someone not very code/ARM/...
  9. J

Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF

I share my experience with Allo, I buy this in 2nd hand but it was faulty (not refundable), I ask the Allo customer service, they give me contact with a technical service and I spend time with a lot of measurements and one unsoldering, it take 1 month and half to finally have a solution: a 20%...
  10. J

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

I've made same conclusion last year, analysing HD files (192khz/24bit) with a nice free software : spek When I saw all this emptiness in 192khz files (sometimes with surprises like your file, a band of noise appears), I decided to stop my choice on 96khz/24bit at best. This software can also be...
  11. J

Douk HiFi 6N3 Vacuum Tube Preamp Review

I'm in France... I'm sure there is an american member, using this one ;). He already knew that, I told him already during another conversation in MP (with Amir). It's like the suggestion of Sunflower redux speakers (DIY), I've done these but I can't ship it.
  12. J

Douk HiFi 6N3 Vacuum Tube Preamp Review

please @amirm , as you seems to be in a tube mood, give a try to the Little Bear phono pre T11 or T10 :), better reputation on forums than the douk
  13. J

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

I've to agree also XD, sometime I feel I can give the DR of the track just by looking at this orange screen meter ^^.
  14. J

very nice measurements @MRC01 :), thank you. I hope @amirm will confirm your work ;)
  15. J

Did I miss something in the thread or we still have no idea of the quality of the digit in/out usage (room correction usage)? I'm curious of mine, standing now between a Gustard X16 (AES in) and a Yellowtec Puc 2 (pc usb in/ AES out). I was asking myself to keep it or to use the Brut FIR into...
  16. J

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

confirmed, a photoshop scaling match and a soustraction between 2 pictures show no differences, there is just some noise in high freq and some noise from low resolution of the pictures. Maybe the same but more focused on <300hz freq in a shorter timing, for the previous bass comment? This simple...
  17. J

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/spectrogram_view.html ?
  18. J

It seems, to me, that this place is, by first core concept, an "engineer" place, maybe too engineer-limited for some (more and more I found) but finally I suppose that your comment is finally the best one you can make ^^, of course it's too engineer ;). We all have emotions with music, but the...
  19. J

3 chips are even better! 1 by dimension, sorry for the joke, too tempting....:p
  20. J

To me there is no wrong people or not, we are all limited by so many factors (some less than other), that's why I asked your system used. Ears are different and also change with time, music taste also. I know that for myself, I can hear differences between mp3 320kb/s and lossless, the most big...
Top Bottom