Search results

1. Dougey_Jones

Dirac Experts - Assistance Needed

Hi Everyone, My systems are in my signature, but this (I think) pertains just to my stereo setup and the MiniDSP Flex with Dirac. I posted about this issue on the MiniDSP forums and haven't had any replies. The basic problem is that whether I use my 0 degree or 90 degree preset (Slot 1 / 2)...
  2. Dougey_Jones

Modern AVR’s and Processors - Super Annoying Shortcoming

Older AVR’s and processors could easily apply Pro Logic or DTS: Neo 6 when fed a 2-channel PCM source which would matrix the left and right channels and utilize the center speaker. Increasingly, every AVR/Processor I’ve used are completely incapable of doing this. You can use Multi Channel or...
  3. Dougey_Jones

3-Channel Amp Recommendation?

I currently have a Pass Labs X5 and two PS Audio Trio A100's which utilize the B&O Ice Power 200ASC modules in a dual mono config. If I wanted to try something more transparent than these for the front three channels of my Home Theater and L/R of my stereo setup what would some good options be...
  4. Dougey_Jones

FS: Yamaha MX-A5000 11-Channel Balanced Amplifier

I’m going to post this here for 7-10 days to see if anybody is interested. Mostly because this is my favorite online community and because I hate paying eBay 10% off the top when I sell things. The last MX-A5000 on eBay sold for $1,600 + $125 shipping. I’d be happy to take $1,500 plus the same...
  5. Dougey_Jones

FS - Revel M106 & M105 Pairs - ALL SOLD

Hi Everyone, I just finished building out a dedicated Stereo/HT space in my home and ended up not having room for all of the speakers I purchased. Originally planned this space for as many as 9.2 channels, and ended up preferring it configured as a 5.2ch setup. With that being said, I have for...
  6. Dougey_Jones

Revel C208 or C205 for my specific room size.. Help!

I'm building out a brand new dedicated media space that's 17' x 14.5' and planning on ordering a pair of Revel F206 and M106 for the rear in a 5.2 ch setup. I want to order a C208 because of Amir's glowing review and comments about the massive "Presence" that it projects, but I'm concerned about...
  7. Dougey_Jones

Monitor Audio GR10 & GR Centre positioning help requested

I'm in the process of building a 17' long x 14.5' wide by 10' high dedicated theater/stereo space that will house two separate systems. You can see my gear in my signature, but for this specific thread I'm only talking about the Monitor Audio Gold Reference front soundstage, which will be shelf...
  8. Dougey_Jones

F/S: Elac DBR62 in white, never opened NIB $625 shipped

Bought these directly from Elac and never opened the box. Asking $625 shipped. I have them listed on eBay at the retail price equivalent ($599 + $100 ship), The auction allows for offers, so the first ASR member to offer me $525 gets the speakers. $75 off retail seems like an ok discount. I...
  9. Dougey_Jones

Audyssey XT32 vs Dirac Live

Based on the opinions and comments I've read in some threads here recently there seem to be people with very strong negative opinions about the sound that Dirac Live produces. I have an Onkyo TX-RZ50 on order that I can still cancel if I wanted to go with a Denon X3700 instead. Did I make the...
  10. Dougey_Jones

F/S: JBL Synthesis HDI-1600 - Pair - Gloss Black - Like New

Howdy, I bought these about six’ish months ago and have decided to go a different direction with my HT system that they were being used in. They realistically have 24hr of use on them before I placed them back in their factory supplied double boxes. Originally paid $2k + tax, asking $1,650...
  11. Dougey_Jones

Best low cost all digital stereo room correction?

Current signal chain = Computer --> SMSL SU-9 --> Preamp --> Amp --> Speaker If I want to insert something between the Computer and SU-9 that will provide 20hz-20khz configurable room correction from my computer, would something like the Mini-DSP Open DRC-DI work well? I'm a little annoyed...
  12. Dougey_Jones

How long before the ShenzhenAudio boys take a crack at HT processors?

I see absolutely no reason why SMSL, Topping, or any of the other brands from Shenzhen couldn't piece together the parts necessary to make a well measuring HT preamp/processor. It's literally all off the shelf stuff these days with the execution being the sticking point. Denon seems to be best...
  13. Dougey_Jones

XLR > XLR hard connector bridges? SMSL SU-9 & SH-9?!

Hi Everyone, I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding information on this.. I've seen pictures of people with XLR bridge connectors that link your DAC to HPA in a traditional "stack" but can't find any for sale, and definitely not specifically for my SU-9/SH-9 stack.. If anybody knows what...
  14. Dougey_Jones

Affordable threaded isolation feet?

So, is there a $50 for four version of this somewhere out there?
  15. Dougey_Jones

Recommend a DAC / Headphone Amp stack for $700’ish

I currently have a Wadia 121 Decoding Computer which is a balanced DAC with Class A HP amp that retails for $1,299. I’m satisfied with the sound, but want very much to try either THX AAA or something with similarly high SINAD performance, and want to pair it with a balanced DAC whose performance...
  16. Dougey_Jones

SMSL DA-8s compatible with SMSL P2 Linear PSU?

Hi Everyone, Whole question is in the subject line, I’ve been unable to figure this out myself and was hoping someone could help me connect the dots. I have an ICE Power based SMSL DA-8s that I use as a PC desktop amp and wanted to know if I could upgrade my setup by using the newly released...
  17. Dougey_Jones

FS: Wadia 121 Decoding Komputer

This unit is in perfect condition and comes with the remote control. Retails for $1,299 and made Stereophile Class A. The integrated class A headphone amplifier is exceptional in combination with Wadias proprietary digital processing. $400 shipped OBO
  18. Dougey_Jones

FS: SMSL SU-8 v2

Perfect condition, with box and remote, I’ve got upgradeitis. $200 shipped.
  19. Dougey_Jones

HDMI 2.0+ Receiver/Processor with full Dirac Live recommendations?

So.. I’m in the market for either a receiver or processor with Dirac Live. My goal is to get the full Dirac package so that I can EQ my space 20-20,000hz. I’ve read Amir’s reviews of the Arcam AV40 and SDP-55 and am now at a loss as to what route I should go, as I was heavily considering the...
Top Bottom