Search results

1. Martin

Fallout on Amazon

Westworld started off OK but went downhill fast as the seasons progressed. (Hate-watching describes my viewing of it perfectly.) I really liked Peripheral. I like Chloë Grace Moretz and Jack Reynor. Thanks for the recommendation. I watched the first episode of Station Eleven last night and it...
  2. Martin

Fallout on Amazon

I watched the second episode last night. I'm normally OK with violence and gore, hell I found Dead Alive, the self-proclaimed goriest movie ever made, absolutely hilarious. I find the gore in this series gratuitous and unnecessary. But the biggest problem I have with Fallout is with the...
  3. Martin

Grado... how many of you run em ?

I've had a Grado Sonata wood body moving iron cartridge on my Mørch UP-4 for a number of years. Swapped to a Sonata3 with my latest stylus change about a year ago. Fantastic cartridge. Martin
  4. Martin

Fallout on Amazon

I am not a gamer and did not know this was a game adaptation until after watching the first episode last night. Gory, bloody, and the weirdest show I have ever seen. Still trying to decide if I'm going to keep watching. Martin
  5. Martin

What are we listening to right now..

Alice Phoebe Lou, Fiery Heart, Fiery Mind from her first EP Momentum: Martin
  6. Martin

Break from Tekton Thread

Love the Brits trying Texas barbecue video. Reminds me of myself the first time I tried it. This video has absolutely nothing to do with the first, nor with Tekton, but it is a very good reminder to always think things through and I find it hilarious: Speaking of thinking things through -...
  7. Martin

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

I find the "news" as "reported" on all the American networks to be so obviously biased and full of propaganda as to be completely untrustworthy. All of them: ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, Fox and CNN. All utter garbage. I have found several sources on YouTube to be better as well as the BBC, Al Jazeera...
  8. Martin

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Stunningly good looking speaker with wonderful measured response. Beautiful. Looks like a poor man's unpowered Blade / Blade Two. (Given the prices maybe an upper middle-class man's Blade. ;)) Martin
  9. Martin

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Nice to see a relatively inexpensive speaker measure so well. Their entire line-up looks intriguing. Martin
  10. Martin

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

Your description of your tinnitus is remarkably similar to my own. Mine is also a hiss, a high pitched frequency which, through experimentation, I have determined to be approximately 8,800Hz. It is sometimes more noticeable than others but remains a fairly constant companion. Martin
  11. Martin

3-Body Problem

I watched the entire series. Not having read the books I thought it was well done. Unfortunately, somewhat wooden writing and unlikable characters put a real damper on later episodes. I'm looking forward to future seasons. I'm now watching the Ten Cent series on Peacock. A couple of episodes in...
  12. Martin

A Call For Humor!

I don't remember the glass ones but I do remember using these: Martin
  13. Martin

A Call For Humor!

So then the original stand-up jet skis are boaterscooters? Martin
  14. Martin

2024 Total Solar Eclipse

We were at the Fontana Village Resort in the Great Smoky mountains on the center-line for the 2017 eclipse. It was awesome. We're traveling to Niagara Falls, also on the center-line, for this one. There is a very good chance it will be cloudy but I'm hoping for clear skies. I have already heard...
  15. Martin

Perlisten D215S vs JTR RS2

Two of these for $4k is all anyone would ever need: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38543 If you really want to spend $8k buy four. Martin
  16. Martin

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

That's a hard pass if they are still using OLED screens. I know from experience, they become unreadable after several months of continuous use. Martin
  17. Martin

Show us your Motorcycle

I occasionally miss my VTX1300R: Martin
  18. Martin

A Call For Humor!

I prefer the term Trash Panda. Wait, will the thought police cancel me for using a derogatory term to describe an animal? Martin
  19. Martin

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yes: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/serious-question-how-can-dacs-have-a-sound-signature-if-they-measure-as-transparent-are-that-many-confused.9245/page-277#post-1548906
  20. Martin

Explain how to create an FIR file like I’m 5

I'll answer my own question... I've been using SOX based EQ on my piCorePlayer/LMS for more than a year. I have one EQ for my speakers I created using REW and a house curve and another EQ for my headphones created using oratory1990's measurements. This FIR method of room correction has caught...
Top Bottom