Search results

1. M

TV Upgrade?

Hello ASR, I know that TVs are not a major focus, but I’m curious to see if the objectively minded folks here have opinions. I currently have a 55” Samsung KS8000 from 2016ish. I’m considering upgrading to 65” (largest size I can fit in the space for various reasons). I use an appleTV as...
  2. M

Free: Zaph ZA5.2

Hello, I have a pair of Zaph Audio ZA5.2 speakers that I am looking to give away. I built them in 2011 and enjoyed them for a decade. Lately they have just been sitting unused and so I’d like to find a new home for them. This kit (but not my build) was measured here at ASR and scored very...
  3. M

Living room system feedback request

Hi All, I am thinking of putting a 2.2 system in my living room. This would be used for casual music listening, television and movies. Importantly the solution needs to be easy to use (ie wife and kids should be able to use without much added thought). Currently we have a TV connected to...
  4. M

CSS Audio Criton 1TD-X Build Log

Hello ASR community! There don't seem to be many build logs on this site, but I thought I would post one. Hopefully somebody finds it interesting. This is a kit build, with a flat pack, so it is relatively low complexity in terms of DIY (i.e. I'm not designing anything or even cutting wood)...
  5. M

Bookshelf designs, for actual bookshelf?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could recommend existing DIY bookshelf speakers designed for placement on an actual bookshelf. Bonus points if the vertical dispersion is reasonable, as in this instance placement would likely be slightly above ear height (not terrible, listening maybe 5-10...
  6. M

Which speaker would you choose?

Okay... I've been on the fence for months about purchasing a new system. My current setup uses DIY speakers. I love them, but for a variety of reasons I am thinking of setting up this system with commercial speakers (two driving forces are that hobby time is extremely limited right now and I...
  7. M

Amplifier power for mains when using a subwoofer

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but: If you are using a powered subwoofer, crossed over at 80 or 100 Hz, does that have any meaningful impact on the amplifier requirements for your main speakers? It seems to me that to generate low frequencies requires a lot more cone movement than...
  8. M

Help me spend my money...

Hi Everyone, I do not see a lot of recommendation threads on here. If this is frowned upon for some reason, feel free to ignore or delete. Anyway, I am considering adding a new system, starting from scratch. I currently only own DIY speakers, but I'm interested in commercial parts as a...
  9. M

Measurements, speaker placement, preference scores, and baffle step...

Hello, Very interesting site. I have been enjoying reading the discussion and very comprehensive measurements on speakers across the range of the cost spectrum. Thanks! My understanding of all this is relatively limited, so I am hoping someone can help me to understand an issue. I am...
Top Bottom