Search results

1. Takanaka

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I hope the GKH 310 grill will still fit on the MK2 model. I don’t want to spend 400 euro’s again on frickin protection grills lol. :p
  2. Takanaka

Neumann KH120 II

I’m glad to see we’re finally getting updated products from Neumann, I can’t wait for the KH 310 II to inevitably drop with even better performance. I probably need to prepare my wallet a bit as Neumann adjusted their prices accordingly. :)
  3. Takanaka

Sennheiser HD 660S2

Despite having elevated treble and bass, almost v-shape like tuning compared to the NDH 30, I do admit it does sound very pleasant. I hope Oratory has an EQ for it soon.
  4. Takanaka

Sennheiser HD 660S2

Cable is not boomy or rather microphonic, very silent, relatively flexible and light as well. Especially compared to the thick chungus you get with the HD800S. 6.3mm vs 4.4 Pentaconn jack doesn’t really matter all that much. 4.4mm is supposedly the future however there’s still a lack of amps...
  5. Takanaka

Sennheiser HD 660S2

I received mine today, but I'm not home until tonight. Will post some subjective impressions later this week as well as some comparisons to the NDH 30 and HD800S while I still have them lying around. I had a HD 650 years ago but I remember it being pleasing and mid-forward but not very exciting...
  6. Takanaka

New Neumann NDH30 coming

I have a very similar experience, the HD 800S prouds itself with it's exceptional soundstage and very prominent treble, but after corrective EQ it just takes those away and it just makes it sound weird in my experience, I was using Oratory1990's tuning but if anyone else got a different EQ I'm...
  7. Takanaka

Sennheiser HD 660S2

How do you one-up a line of legends? Some of the most neutral headphones in the world are a tough act to follow. As far back as the HD 580, high-end Sennheiser headphones have inspired generations with their balanced, natural reproduction. Recognized as benchmarks for neutral audiophile sound...
  8. Takanaka

New Neumann NDH30 coming

Who has listened to them in the meantime? I had a nice 10% off code I could use recently, so I figured I would pull the trigger on them and what a purchase it has been. They just sound pretty incredible in my subjective experience, so much so that I'll probably retire my HD800S in favor for...
  9. Takanaka

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Been using the KH 310’s + KH 750 DSP combo for a while now. Still sound like the day I got them. The sub is definitely worth it in my experience, I used to ignore advice to buy a sub if you had monitors with a decent low end but in the end it makes a giant difference to offload the heavy bass...
  10. Takanaka

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

You know, nobody is forcing you to buy this unit. It’s just there as an incredibly versatile and SOTA AIO solution. I for one appreciate that an already amazing piece of gear gets even more features and better performance all around. Will I be able to use all those features or hear the...
  11. Takanaka

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Can the new SMPS be retrofitted on the other ADI-2’s? One less grounding issue is always welcome.
  12. Takanaka

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

So what I don't understand is why will there be an optional RME DPS-2 linear supply, will it boast any meaningful improvements or practical benefits? Is it just to cater to the HiFi crowd or are there going to be a few substantiated scientific claims at launch to change our mind?
  13. Takanaka

ZMF Atticus Review (Headphone)

Any chance we can get a review of the Atrium? I’m quite intrigued by it but man, 2600 to 3000 dollars depending on upgrades is nothing to scoff at. :D
  14. Takanaka

What cables do you use in your systems?

Canare L4E6S between the pre-amp to the sub and from the sub to monitors, Supra cables for optical and USB. Total overkill but it makes me feel good. :)
  15. Takanaka

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Okay so I did something dumb today, I was playing on of those 18Hz ghost frequency vids that i saw on an online article about horror movies and didn't hear much,. Turned it up a little bit and started to hear a bit of rattling, still with moderate volume luckily but I saw my KH750 put out some...
  16. Takanaka

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Not sure why there’s an outrage about the chip switch, RME gave a heads-up on the RME forum very shortly after finishing the altered design for the ESS chip. On top of that the ESS is slightly superior if we are nitpicking about specs, would be nice to see an additional review for version “C”...
  17. Takanaka

SOLD [EU] FS: HEDD Audio HEDDphone SOLD

Bump, price now €1150!
  18. Takanaka

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Interesting, I’m trying it out soon coupling the mic with a Motu M4. I have to say the KH 750 works tremendously, makes the monitors work much less even if it’s a 3-way like the KH 310. But it adds another dimension of problems to my somewhat challenging room.
Top Bottom