Search results

1. M

KEF LS 50 Meta: NAD C 326BEE a good match/stands suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably go with a wall mount, for now. Should be fine with these kinds of speakers I've tested setting them pretty close to the wall with the stands. And rather have a not exactly perfect setup than these things hitting the kid...
  2. M

Update: Just got some for testing and they work very well together so far!
  3. M

Hi there, I'm about to replace my Kef IQ 9s with the new LS 50 Metas. I got a NAD C 326BEE (https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-326-stereo-integrated-amplifier/) and plan to place them in a 24 m2 room. Behind the amp, there's usually vinyl or digital from a Topping E30 coming in. Any thoughts...
  4. M

Power Supply for Topping E30

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up just plugging it into my Raspberry Pi 3b and it works just fine!
  5. M

Best OS/server to stream Tidal/Qobuz via Raspberry PI

Thanks for all the suggestions and input! Funnily at the end of the day after trying Tidal (worked quite well via Chromecast Audio but no gapless playback sucks a bit), I'll just go back to Spotify. The UI, suggestions, playlists, and especially Spotify Connect are beating Tidal easily for me...
  6. M

Actually my raspberry pi3b does a great job powering the DAC too as far as I can tell :-)
  7. M

Hi there, I finally got my Topping E30 today and noticed that it doesn't include a power supply. Now if I remember correctly, the "linear-power" supply sounds better is a myth or at least not noticeable compared to a regular supply. Also while it required (5V/1A), as it's USB I can just plug...
  8. M

Thanks, that's actually a really good idea! I'm on iOS but it looks like tidal does support chromecast also on iOS. Don't have one yet but they're dirt cheap on eBay. Do you know what kind of cable I'll exactly need to connect the Topping E30 with it?
  9. M

I don't have Roon and would then need a Roon Core server plus the bridge on the Raspberry and pay the 10 bucks a month. Is it that much better than Tidal via Airplay? Moode would be just Airplay on iOS right?
  10. M

Sounds terrible. I have tried Tidal with volumio about a year ago and it sucked back then. Was hoping they'd have figured it out by now, why would anyone pay for their subscription otherwise? Any alternatives you can recommend? Maybe just stick to airplay I guess :/
  11. M

Hi there! I'm about to set up a solution that should look like this next week when the Topping E30 will finally arrive: Tidal/Qobuz -> Raspberry PI (3 for now but will change to 4 if there are issues with the USB) -> USB -> Topping E30 -> NAD Amplifier I'm wondering which OS to use best for...
  12. M

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

So it seems like there's not really an easy and good solution right now even if I'd buy a Chromecast Audio or an Android phone. So I guess I'll stick to usually streaming from the iPhone via AirPlay to the Raspberry and then out via USB to the Topping E30. This way I should get lossless CD...
  13. M

I wonder why Amazon makes it so hard to actually use their service properly. I mean what's the point of Amazon HD if it's so hard to really fully utilize it?
  14. M

Can I then somehow stream over that phone without physically being there? With some kind of remote control maybe?
  15. M

Oh boy then maybe using Airplay might be better, at least in theory could get lossless CD-quality then which I could live with.
  16. M

Thanks @Certainkindoffool @Glasvegas @BDWoody for the suggestion towards chromecast audio. The advantage of Amazon Music HD -> iPhone -> Chromecast Audio via Chromecast -> Topping E30 via S/PDIF vs Amazon Music HD -> iPhone -> Raspberry Pi via Airplay -> Topping E30 via USB would be that...
  17. M

Interesting option! But I'd probably need some android tablet/phone to stream Amazon Music HD to the Chromecast Audio puck and then from that to the DAC right? I'm currently all Apple on phones and tablets. Also I did a quick google search and https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=14070322011...
  18. M

Hi there! So far Amazon Music HD is the streaming service where I can find the best value for what they charge for their HD service. They really have pretty much any album I can think of and the quality seems really good too. The only problem I have with it is how to stream it as they don't...
Top Bottom