Search results

1. EchoChamber

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Like me, you probably don’t need a sub… I’m not ready to spend 20K on a pair of super sophisticated subs myself either. But they certainly look amazing.
  2. EchoChamber

No sub on my end. I do lust for a pair of W371A though… Not sure I really need it, but I have hopes it would fix any resonances in my room GLM can’t fix with EQ. And of course give me a full range system with plenty of headroom. Maybe next year…
  3. EchoChamber

GLM EQ will give you more clarity. In my room without EQ, bass was too pronounced. But yeah, best speakers I ever had in my decades long journey. I don’t even think about speakers anymore… I’d recommend feeding them a digital signal not to add extra D/A and A/D stages when using a DAC. I use...
  4. EchoChamber

I think the software mutes the speakers to avoid pops when switching signals. Happens with me too when I change sampling rates.
  5. EchoChamber

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Thank you Amir for the great review ! I got a pair of Era 300 for my office a few months ago and they are great for that purpose, even the Era 100 I tested before the 300 were pretty good too. Hard to fault in any critical way and easy to use, I can stream music directly from Roon, bypassing the...
  6. EchoChamber

And sonic rewards are high when you find a recording that’s really well made. Especially true with acoustic instruments and vocals.
  7. EchoChamber

Using measurements to choose between Genelec 8341A and 8351B

The Gens lows will benefit by being placed near the wall, and GLM will then reduce low frequency output quite a bit to compensate, keeping a fairly flat low end response without taxing the speakers. In my room, my 8351B without calibration sound disappointing, boomy and without focus, GLM is a...
  8. EchoChamber

I’m not sure this is accurate… I think the 8351B have very little coloration. I wouldn’t call them “metallic”. They are designed to be as neutral and accurate as possible, and that’s not warm, or textured, or having a rich midrange. The metallic coloration might not be a product of the speakers...
  9. EchoChamber

SOLD: Okto Research Dac8 USB DAC with streaming in silver - $1000 - US Only

SOLD Selling my Okto Research Dac8. I’m the original owner, bought new directly from Okto Research in September 2020. This dac is very well rated by Audio Science Review, in their top 20, with a measured SINAD of 122.3 dB. It comes with a Pi4 built in for streaming with the latest version of...
  10. EchoChamber

SOLD: Topping U90 - USB bridge with pulse transformer upgrade - $300

I used a Scientific Conversion SC947-02. They will sell you directly if you tell them you’re a hobbyist.
  11. EchoChamber

Yes, subtle, subjective. I've swapped a few times between AES outputs and felt music on the new transformer "flowed" better... I don't have sophisticated test equipment to validate, but my ears are not too bad, decades of mileage...
  12. EchoChamber

I replaced one of the AES output pulse transformers with a higher quality one.
  13. EchoChamber

Oh, I still have one. The U90 is still the best AFAIK. I had two Genelec SAM systems each with a (modified) U90.
  14. EchoChamber

Topping G5 quit working

Did you try Bluetooth to see if it worked? I have an issue with the USB-C to Lightning connector. I’m using a different cable now with no issues. Some adapters are not build to Apple’s specs.
  15. EchoChamber

Selling my Topping U90 USB bridge. It converts USB digital signals to IIS, AES/EBU and SPDIF. It will re-clock the signal and provide galvanic isolation. A total of 7 digital outputs. The AES1 output has an upgraded pulse transformer using the Scientific Conversion SC947-02LF (see picture)...
Top Bottom