Search results

1. Darvis

quick and dirty Elipson Planet measurements

I wonder how much better, if any, the new ones are...
  2. Darvis

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

"Enceinte" means both loudspeaker and pregnant, it's pretty weird
  3. Darvis

"Muscular" floorstanding speakers for 1500 euros

A buddy has them, I found them really good and certainly fun to listen to. That being said, they're big floorstanders, they're hard to accommodate in a room, certainly harder than a sub. So I wouldn't put too much stock in others opinions about the low end, it could very well be an acoustical...
  4. Darvis

"Muscular" floorstanding speakers for 1500 euros

The KEF q950 is very beefy and big sounding while still being a better speaker than a Klipsch.
  5. Darvis

Kef r3 vs Wharfdale Linton 85 (My comparison)

Do you use them in a hc setup? If so, what centre do you use?
  6. Darvis

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Stands are more expensive :p
  7. Darvis

Can Powernode drive LS50 meta? Can KEF LSX2 be used as rear speakers in Home Theatre config?

How so? Decent AVR are as transparent as any boutique hi-fi amplifier.
  8. Darvis

Can Powernode drive LS50 meta? Can KEF LSX2 be used as rear speakers in Home Theatre config?

Are you ok with wires going to the rear speakers? Because you could save some money that way with the same SQ
  9. Darvis

The common knowledge is that modern amplifier, driven within their limits, are more or less indistinguishable from each other. In other words, a non-crappy not-mistreated amplifier will sound as transparent as it gets. Of course, there is still the questions of looks, power, reliability...
  10. Darvis

It's very elegant and clean looking but also quite complex and not flexible at the same time. Why not a "normal" avr with proper bass management, every sound format, room tuning, preouts etc?
  11. Darvis

Small upgrade on my Audioengine A5 speakers for my desktop?

The active Kef (I don't remember the name) for sure. That being said your post would get much more visibility in the speakers section :)
  12. Darvis

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

This guy makes really nicely produced videos but he's unfortunately from the "What HIFI" school of journalism. I wouldn't take anything of what he says seriously.
  13. Darvis

Poll: Where are you guys from?

I live 45km away from you, in the country. There are a mere 318k persons still having some notions of Walloon. And, as you can imagine, the average age is very high. It's on its way out.
  14. Darvis

Poll: Where are you guys from?

I've lived all my life in Wallonia and Brussels and this is a complete invention. No one speaks regional languages in everyday life. No one. They're as dead as the dead sea.
  15. Darvis

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

I don't think I could buy only one, and they're much too big anyway.
  16. Darvis

That's a strange aesthetics mix :) I really like my Planets (L model), especially as a center, but if I sell them to replace with better speaker (Arendal, Kef and Wharfedale are on the radar), I'll replace the center too. Problem is Linton doesn't exist as a center...
Top Bottom