Search results

1. dasdoing

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

I imagined them coming from an audio expo....cause otherwise impossible
  2. dasdoing

How to look for room modes in REW measurements

try another cable for the mic. also try another input on your interface.
  3. dasdoing

A Call For Humor!

4. dasdoing

Possible to increase RCA output?

like Doug said, it makes no sense. unless you hit full open and still want more it doesn't matter where the dial is
  5. dasdoing

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

one says, “Ouch, that really Hertz!” The other replies, “Yeah, it’s definitely not a sound decision to not watch where we’re going!”
  6. dasdoing

Transparency of 320 Ogg Vorbis (Spotify Premium) and 256 AAC (Apple Music)

I don't understand why everybody is even talking about MP3 still.. no streaming platform uses it afaik
  7. dasdoing

Why do bigger subwoofers sound different?

in a linear phase crossover the pre-rining will cancel out. that works perfectly in the (time aligned) sweet spot but outside it will become audible the greater the time difference. A simple solution to this is not to use brick wall filters. the useable roll-offs are still much steeper than in...
  8. dasdoing

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

2.1 is very niche I guess. most people buying a subwoofer are installing muti-channel. studio-subwoofers have bass management for 2.1 but they are overpriced
  9. dasdoing

New ASR logo proposal

this looks very "adolescent" imo. or should I say "gamer-ish"? have you seen these? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?attachments/1707848543286-png.349411/
  10. dasdoing

Can anyone explain the 8-track renaissance?

I pass on that one. mark me in the topic when wax cylinder renaissances
  11. dasdoing

spotify quality vs "hi-fi" lossless options, i cant tell a difference.

the higher sample rate is useful when digital non-linearities are added. But there is oversampling available most of the time to make this unnecessary
  12. dasdoing

spotify quality vs "hi-fi" lossless options, i cant tell a difference.

even the headroom argument is questionable. for starters, the extra bits are added to the bottom, not the top. therefore headroom is the wrong term. second: the noise in the recordings is above the 16bit bottom. no reason to add space below the noisefloor
  13. dasdoing

Text to Image AI Generation

I see your point, but it should be able to conclude that the earth is round by analyzing the (soft) evidence (as we as humanity did way before seeing it).....but it is not; you have to tell it. You could answer that it is still at an early stage of its intelligence, but if it is then it means it...
  14. dasdoing

Question about YouTube........

possibly. not sure this tactic creates "good views" though, since clicks with short watching time are negative
  15. dasdoing

Question about YouTube........

probably. very weird topic it will stop replying now for a few months and then spam.
  16. dasdoing

Text to Image AI Generation

it's an interesting argument, but I tell you why AI can't be considered intelligent yet: it isn't capable of really evaluating the info. If you feed it with flat earther propaganda, then all the info of the world sans hard evidence the earth is round it will tell you it is flat.
  17. dasdoing

Why has the loudness war not ended yet?

they use limiters and clippers in the mixing stage now; on individual tracks and groups. it almost seems like the LUFS standard made things worse since it is so broken.
  18. dasdoing

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

They probably don't lose a single sale with reviews like that.
  19. dasdoing

Alec Baldwin shooting: Lawyer suggests potential sabotage on ‘Rust’ set.

I don't see a reason to find Baldwin guilty unless there is a law that everybody with no exception should check a gun when handling it
Top Bottom