Search results

1. R

WTB (UK): Creative SoundBlasterX G6 / X6 / Schiit Fulla 3

Hey! Looking for a high quality usb interface with a good headphone amp and a good microphone input. Items in the title seem like the obvious choices, what have you got? I'm North London (Highbury), UK. Thanks! Tom.
  2. R

Schiit Hel or other Headset Compatible DAC/Amps

Boom pro offers that same freedom (as long as the headphones have, or you are willing to mod them to have, a 3.5mm input); only a single cable to worry about is the biggest benefit, and it's a much neater solution. You are confined by your source though having a microphone input though which is...
  3. R

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX G6

Can anyone find any serious reviews of the creative G3? Seems a relatively new product, and given the G6 has quite a good following it would be interesting to see how well (or otherwise) it stacks up!
  4. R

Other option is the Creative SoundblasterX G6...despite Creative getting a bad rep, this particular item gets incredible reviews even by Amir.... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-sound-blasterx-g6.7016/
  5. R

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Thanks! It's saying 20-40 days for shipping, I feel thoroughly spoilt by Amazon, used to getting stuff in hours or days not months! Don't suppose you've tried a SoundblasterX G1 or G6 have you? Be interesting to see how comparable they are! Thanks,
  6. R

Great news! Now, how do I get one in the UK without waiting 2 months for it to come from China for double the price it should be....
  7. R

This most likely won't work as you'll end up with ground loop issues, there's only a single ground on a 4-pole lead and if they're not on the same device you're gonna have a problem (source: I have tried exactly this, and I'm now trying to find the right USB device that has good headphone amp...
  8. R

Thanks for checking. how about when connected to a PC, does it show as an audio input device and work on that? That would rule out the apple incompatibility concern.
  9. R

Thanks Jimbo. Don't suppose you have a random headset lying around from perhaps a phone purchase that you could try this with? The Sonata HD supports microphone in and the Sonata HD Pro doesn't, wonder if that's where you're getting it from? EDIT...
  10. R

Everything i can find says it does support combined headphone/microphone headsets (ie 4-pole 3.5mm)? The product page has clunky wording around it not having its own microphone but supporting "supports most of wire -controlled earbud for calling", and the photo just above shows a 4-pole 3.5mm...
  11. R

Hi all, I'm considering getting this for a specific reason: my PC's onboard microphone input is terrible. I have a V-Moda Boom Pro, which is a microphone that also feeds the headphones (it has a 4 pole jack at one end, and then a stereo jack at the other). This is into a set of DT770 Pro 80ohms...
Top Bottom