Search results

1. 1

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Schiit Modi 2 THD improvement with Jitterbug in the first page.
  2. 1

Look at the THD figures on the Schiit Modi 2 amp in the first page, compared to no Jitterbug.
  3. 1

It doesn’t exist. The Senn HD800, has the exact same treble as the Senn HD650.
  4. 1

I’m not lying? You do see the 0.000x lower distortion of the Jitterbug yourself, do you? So how am I lying when I say that it makes an objective improvement in distortion, albeit very small?
  5. 1

Alright, I’m gonna do that. Will report back when I’ve done it.
  6. 1

How do I demonstrate that objectively?
  7. 1

Yes, I’m actually listening to my gear instead of only looking at measurements, you know ;p. Should be something more members should do. I hear it as a fact, since it’s measured as a fact. Maybe you or I am “super-human” (again, another subjective term) in this or another aspect of our anatomy...
  8. 1

Who is to say one or more humans in the 7+ billions of people can’t hear just that?
  9. 1

True I get what you’re saying, but that’s still subjective. Thus the analogy is absolutely meaningless. I or someone else might hear the whisper very clearly, while another might hear nothing at all, it’s not an objective fact that you can’t hear the whisper AT ALL. Again, until the day that we...
  10. 1

Doesn’t matter how much benefit of the doubt you give me or don’t, that’s all subjective. There’s a factual difference, and I can hear that.
  11. 1

That study is based on a potential threshold, not an absolute one. Thus meaning it’s pointless in every single way. Until the day comes that our hearing can be perfectly measured (not tested, but measured), it is a fact that I’m hearing a difference with the Jitterbug that has and can be measured.
  12. 1

Who is to say our ears can’t pick it up? My ears are healthy, and they can pick the sound difference up that is measured. Is there an objective study that says our ears can’t pick up that low difference in level, when they are healthy (very important factor)?
  13. 1

First post. If you don’t see well, I suggest to see an eye doctor. Jitterbug measures a couple of 0.000x times better than without, so it objectively improves the sound of the source. Again you may be not able to hear that, but I can.
  14. 1

My point is, everything sounds the same, yet it can sound different. The fact that there is a measured lower distortion with the Jitterbug, means it’s objectively better. Again, some people don’t hear that, many others including me do. That’s the part where people either agree or not, but fact...
  15. 1

In fact, we have no ears. They’re not objectively called “ears” in the absolute sense, since there are so many languages that use a different word to describe our ears. Thus with that fact, it means we have no ears, and no hearing either, since that’s also a subjective English term. It’s all...
  16. 1

Yes. Quality of sound, ie low distortion vs high distortion, has no audible difference between different headphones. Every headphone has the same audible quality of sound. I have some free earbuds from an airplane ride, I can make them sound exactly the same as the Sennheiser HE-1 with EQ.
  17. 1

No, you can make every headphone to sound the same with EQ. Subjective quality of sound doesn’t exist, everything is the same once EQ’ed with a graph. And every modern amp and DAC sounds the same. Ever heard about QUALITY of sound, ie. low distortion treble that is smoother on your human ears...
  18. 1

Do you have healthy hearing? It could also be hearing damage that prevents members from hearing any difference. I mean I recently read a post that someone found the HD800 and HD650 to sound the same. So hearing damage could be the trend here.
  19. 1

I quote from the openingspost “If anything, a bit of noise sometimes helps give that illusion (due to increased high frequencies).”
  20. 1

It literally is in the openingspost... Input noise from USB modulates with the signal, and the distortion is audible as a more fatiguing treble, not necessarily more quantity of treble.
Top Bottom